Coral Vue Hydros

What to do, what to do...

SeaMountain

SeaMountain

So I'm sitting here at home looking at the tank. Waiting for my LR to arrive...

With the AGA cover on, the 2x36ers are bringing the water temp up to 82. And Spring ain't even here yet! X)

I've been thinking about a MicroChiller HOB, a CPR Aquafuge or a sump/fuge tank below. The 10 is sitting on an end table which has a shelf underneath. Just a tad too small for a 5g tank, but just right for a 2.5! ;)

Wouldn't the 2.5 give me more options to play with? Heater in there. Increased water volume. Macros and stuff. Outside of the panels in a typical 'fuge... What exactly are the benefits, pros and cons between a "sump" and a "refugium"?

If I were to run the 2.5 just like another nano-tank, then couldn't the 10g above it be considered a benefit to it? Hmmmmm...

Guess I'll go watch some more FoxNews! B)

Does anybody have pics of a 2.5 sump/fuge for their 10?

• 3 weeks later...
Rush Battle

Hey man

A 2.5 is really small. It would be a struggle to fit all the stuff in. the heater, and a microchiller would fit, but there would be no room for the actual refugium. I would reccomend a larger regufium, like another 10, although I know that you dont have room. The increase in water volume would be good though. Remember that you would need to fit the pump in the 2.5, and you need to construct an overflow for the 10. I would recommend a bigger refugium, sorry. Good luck with this though!

Rush

Hey Sea,

I agree with Rush, that the 2.5 is pretty small. But......seeings how peeps are making fuges outta critter carriers, HOB's, and old milk jugs (ok, maybe that's pushhing it!), I think that the 2.5 "could" work. It could totally for remote location of the heater and chilller. As for making it a fuge too, I'd get the smallest return PH you could find (that will pump enough water of course!)and set up the dividers so it just fits around the chiller outlet and PH. That should give you enough room to grow some macro and pods.

Fly

Archived