Cultivated Reef

Kenya tree fragging......

Nightseer

I have a kenya tree that I got last week (it was an inch fully extended at the time) that is now almost four freaking inches tall. Not at moment, but very soon will start irritating me-i Mean it's neighbors.

Is it safe to prune it with scissors?

If so, can I clue these to rubble for frags?

the frag master
I have a kenya tree that I got last week (it was an inch fully extended at the time) that is now almost four freaking inches tall. Not at moment, but very soon will start irritating me-i Mean it's neighbors.

Is it safe to prune it with scissors?

If so, can I clue these to rubble for frags?

ok heres how i frag all my finger like leathers. at the base of the stak where the finger is like the Y where it intersects, cut it with scissors. then take a piece of rubble, i use frag discs or plugs, and take soem super glue, cyanoacrylate, and put a small dab onto the item you wish to attach the frag to. then push the frag onto the glue and hold for 45 seconds, by then it is useually dry and ready to be moved to a low-flow part of the tank for the glue to become fully cured. now you'll have plenty of frags to trade or sell

• 2 weeks later...
ok heres how i frag all my finger like leathers. at the base of the stak where the finger is like the Y where it intersects, cut it with scissors. then take a piece of rubble, i use frag discs or plugs, and take soem super glue, cyanoacrylate, and put a small dab onto the item you wish to attach the frag to. then push the frag onto the glue and hold for 45 seconds, by then it is useually dry and ready to be moved to a low-flow part of the tank for the glue to become fully cured. now you'll have plenty of frags to trade or sell

What do you mean where it is a Y do you have a picture? I have 1 large kenya tree in my 2.5 I would like to frag apart...

where it branches i think he means.

Another way instead of scissors is to use fishing line and wrap it around once than pull it so that the line is squeezing the part you want to cut. Just keep squeezing until it comes off. Thats a fairly easy way to frag slippery corals like that.

where it branches i think he means.

Another way instead of scissors is to use fishing line and wrap it around once than pull it so that the line is squeezing the part you want to cut. Just keep squeezing until it comes off. Thats a fairly easy way to frag slippery corals like that.

So you leave the bottom part of the stalk connected to w/e it is.. Will that stalk grow back into a new Kenya Tree?

Post a pic of your coral. Normally the kenya tree is highly branched, much like a regular tree. Removal of a branch does not effect the remaining parts of the tree. So just take a clean pair of scissors and cut a piece of the branch at the desireable length. You should have many branches in a coral that large. Then as suggested plant it in your substrate or something..let it stick to the sand. Then superglue the coral to a piece of live rock. Viola! Easy as pie. Good luck!

Post a pic of your coral. Normally the kenya tree is highly branched, much like a regular tree. Removal of a branch does not effect the remaining parts of the tree. So just take a clean pair of scissors and cut a piece of the branch at the desireable length. You should have many branches in a coral that large. Then as suggested plant it in your substrate or something..let it stick to the sand. Then superglue the coral to a piece of live rock. Viola! Easy as pie. Good luck!

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...st&id=17254

The one on the snail shell w/ the hairy mushroom.

I've fragged my kenya many times. I've actually cut off whole stalks right down to the base and in just three months, it's just as big as the piece I cut off. It's almost indestuctable, so hack it off and it'l grow back. The easiest way to attach it to a rock is fishing line through a sewing needle.

I'm not sure. It all depends onyour area. I would expect a 4" frag to be somewhere around $20. Maybe more, maybe less. It's just a guess.

That rhymed.

PseudanthiasVentralis

You will be happy with the kenya tree i have had one for two years when i bought it it was about 6 inches and now is 22" by 22" and its only under two 40 wat t5 bulbs.

I have fragged mine by cuting it and tying it to a small rock with fishing string, for about 6 months i was trying to figure out how to frag it and this worked the best i tryed everything from rubberbands ro toothpicks and this is the best by far. You just have to make sure you dont tye the fishing string to loose or tite and you'll be fine. The frag takes about three weeks to attach.

:happydance: So their you go all you nead to know about fraging kenya trees. :happydance:

Best thing to do is to just ask on the forum to trade or buy cash. I can imagine that in a nano tank this coral quickly outgrows the space. Plus its been rumored that it has a slight sting to it so its best not to let it get to close to other corals. I just simply take a plain old pair of scissors, cut a stalk off..plant it in my substrate, and then glue the substrate bound frag to a rock. Hell, if you live in the DC area Ill give you a frag for free. The damn tree will frag itself sometimes so I have thrown out little trees in the past. Good luck!

Best thing to do is to just ask on the forum to trade or buy cash. I can imagine that in a nano tank this coral quickly outgrows the space. Plus its been rumored that it has a slight sting to it so its best not to let it get to close to other corals. I just simply take a plain old pair of scissors, cut a stalk off..plant it in my substrate, and then glue the substrate bound frag to a rock. Hell, if you live in the DC area Ill give you a frag for free. The damn tree will frag itself sometimes so I have thrown out little trees in the past. Good luck!

Buaha... Its taking over my 2.5 Anyone need some?

Archived