Innovative Marine Aquariums

Taam Rio Nano Skimmer-first picture of bubbles

Mummer

There has been some talk here about this new product, which can be perused at:

http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_protei...mer.asp?CartId=

I got one. The instructions are very poor, although the unit is falrly simple to understand and seems decently built. One interesting thing: the body of this skimmer is totally opaque. There's no way to look at what is happening in the reaction chamber. Here's a pic of the bubbles at the neck of the collection cup.

Time will tell about issues like microbubbles and performance.

post-15018-1163196078_thumb.jpg

Can you kindly let me know the length of the skimmer? My tank is a hex and all the six sides have a width of only 8". Just wondering whether the length of that skimmer is 8" or 9'. Thanks.

Can you kindly let me know the length of the skimmer? My tank is a hex and all the six sides have a width of only 8". Just wondering whether the length of that skimmer is 8" or 9'. Thanks.

The width is about 7 1/4 inches across. It should fit on one of the sides of your tank with a bit to spare. The height is a hair over 10 inches, of which, about 5 1/2 inches goes from the rim of the tank down. I hope that helps.

i just bought one and so far very pleased. very quite. and is producing alot of fine bubbles. im getting a good skimate. also NO bubbles released into the tank. but i did put a small peice of foam in the outlet area. also the skimmer box holds alot, even more than the bigger cpr bakpak.

nutty, thats exactly what it is. a modified hang on filter. you can actually adjust it to make it into a regular filter if needed. so two options :)

for 30 its great!. ALOT better than the fission skimmer.

i agree with murmur, time will tell how effective it is, but for now, im very pleased for 30.

• 1 year later...
CrazyBoutFish

I can't seem to get bubbles into mine. or i think it's because i don't know how? i got this long ago. but im gonna bust it out again.

can someone tell me how to get bubbles in the skimmer?

thanks

I can't seem to get bubbles into mine. or i think it's because i don't know how? i got this long ago. but im gonna bust it out again.

can someone tell me how to get bubbles in the skimmer?

thanks

Have you opened or adjusted the venturi?

CrazyBoutFish

Nevermind. it works i was rinsing it in freshwater and it didn't make any bubbles. but when i put it in my nano bubbles started to form

Archived