Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My new mini tank for the office.

jayare

Hello all,

I just got this Azoo 3 liter tank with the HOB filter and 7 watt PC lighting. Any ideas on what to keep in here? I was hoping to keep maybe a small neon goby, but I know it may be too small. How about some small coral frags and a shrimp? Give me you opinions.

Thanks,

Jesse

freakaccident

Holy crap thats small. I would vote for a couple lbs of LR, LS, some shrooms, a snail, a hermit crab, and see how it goes. You might be able to do a small neon goby eventually. Turn that HOB into a small ref with some caulerpa growing in it.

get a lid, those fish are slippery when out of the tank! :P

fwiw, i bought two of those AZOO hob's for a couple of nanos i just setup and one already crapped out. :angry: (less than two months) i was a little suspicious so i hadn't really added anything to those tanks, just cleaners. i got another hagen mini to replace the bad one.

maybe you can put a sexy shrimp or two there by itself. you wouldn't need the lid then. a little tight tho even with minimal aquascaping. hth

My LFS has three of those setup. They have a few snails, a peppermint shrimp, some macro, shrooms, and polyps in each. They also have a leather frag. The light is supposedly a 7 watt so it should be fine to keep any of that stuff. But maintenance is a *****. You have to top of twice daily and they do a little water change every day. But I don't think the daily water changes would be necessary.

The only problem I see is you either have good climate control where the tank is going to be and have the room temp up to 80 degree or try and find a good micro heater. Otherwise it could lead to problems with temp.

a store in fresno i go to once in a while has one of those tanks with a peppermint shrimp and a damsel in it, with some shrooms. that filter makes funny noises when it runs and doesnt seem like it would run very long. do they make heaters small enough for a tank that small?

not very good for sensetive animals, but you can get away with a decent set up still. FWIW, as long as the temp stays fairly constant, you can keep whatever you want fishwise and polyps. I have a 10 gal tht runs in the low 70's in the winter and near 83 in the summer.. no heater and it is awesome.

freakaccident

Here is another option I just thought of for that small of a tank. Get one of those reptile heaters with a thermostat and put it under the tank. I don't know if they turn down low enough but I would imagine they could.

Archived