SaltCritters.com

B-Ionic Dosing

Reefs1

When dosing/adding ESV Bionic is it absolutely mandatory to dose them together? Can you do one without the other? It seems like a rhetorical question I know, otherwise why would it be a TWO part system. But my dKH is perfect and where it should be, but my calcium is a little low, so I thought I could just dose the Calcium by itself to bring it up. I was told by someone they had to be dosed together and not to dose one without the other, but just wanted to confirm.

If anyone has experience with this stuff please respond with some insight. Just so you know my tank specs: it is a newly set up 20 Gallon reef with no corals yet, mated maroon clowns, 25 pounds of LR and refugium with 7 inches of LS. Thank you!

freakaccident

I dosed more #2 than #1 for awhile. I wouldn't suggest it. You wil use the #2 up and have none left. I got a bottle of Tropic Marin Bio Calcium and use that to dose the calc in addition to equal parts of B-ionic. In my 10g + 10G ref I dose 2.5ml each part B-ionic daily and one scoop of the Bio-Calcium. One day each week I do not dose the B-ionic at all.

I am wondering at this point if I even need this crap in my tank..I am doing mostly soft corals anyway which don't require alot of Calcium. I wonder if just Trace Elements from salt or Trace elements added to Top off water is enough. I am always leary about adding stuff to the tank.. I am a big believer in Cause and effect.

In my opinion, B-Ionic is the best 2-part calcium/alkalinity supplement out there right now. Do you want massive amounts of coralline to grow? Do you want very precise ways to modify your calcium, alkalinity or pH?

That's the reason why you dose this 'crap'. :P

John

Archived