Top Shelf Aquatics

10 gallon prop setup

jfumia

Ok I am putting together my 10 gal prop tank. Here is a list of equip, let me know what you think?

10 gal tank (have)

small hob filter (have)

mj600 w/spraybar (have)

96w powerquad ($70 ebay)

Heater (have)

Soo.. I have $70 into this so far. I already have the eggcrate ready to go. Is there anything else I sould get or change? Im looking to have this up and running by the end of this month. any input from you guys would be appreciated.

Jeremy

PICS!! :D

post-504-1163456164_thumb.jpg

post-504-1163456315_thumb.jpg

Just made easy racks w/ pvc supports instead.

Equip:

10gal AGA

96W quad

50w heater

mj600 powerhead

hob filter for 10gal tank

total cost for project......$100

Ok getting Live Rock tonight, since this is a BB tank I want to use mostly snails as a clean up crew. Any recommendations on how long to run lights for? My reef runs 10hrs. would this tank benefit from say 12hrs? or keep it the same as the main tank? more pics to come B)

Thanks!!

Jeremy

Depends on if you end up with algae problems.

No algae problems = go for 10-12hrs.

Sweet project. I bow before your frugality! :bowdown:

EDIT: What about $$ for the wood? ;)

Light was $70 and the supplies to build the stand and pvc was just under $30. It is going to be a softy/zoa prop, and holding tnk for anything cool I come across. I just put the lr in lastnight, looks good filled up. Ill get pics soon. Thanks for lookin guys, cant wait for it to cycle now :D ahh the anxiety.

• 1 month later...

Hey!! I am still here. LOL just fell off the face of the earth for a while...ok maybe not! Well the frag tank is going real well, other than fighting a pretty decent temp swing. I will post pics of this and my nano-cube asap!

Sorry! B)

Jeremy

Archived