Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Neon Goby with ich here are my tank stats

15-and-6-GAL-NANO

15-and-6-GAL-NANO

2.5 gallon with tons of corals and a peppermint shrimp.

0 Nitrates (no kidding there are NO Nitrates because of my fuge)

0 Nitrites

0 Ammonia

410 ppm calcium

0 Phosphates

specific gravity 1.025

PH 8.4

36 watts power compact (2 10k and 2 actinics)

My neon goby has Ich pretty bad and he has had it for a couple of weeks, It got bad then it went away a bit now its worse. I don't want to put anything in there that isn't 110% reef safe or anything that might add any type of bad stuff because its so small. I was going to try garlic but I don't think that it actually gets rid of Ich but might just prevent it. I don't want to add anything like a cleaner shrimp because the tank is so small. So does anyone have any suggestions on how to cure the little guy, I would rather try to cure it than just let him die. Oh yea I don't want to forget and mention that he is eating well still and by the way that he is acting he doesnt seem to be phased by it.

feed him with frozen brine soaked in metronidazol twice a day for 3 weeks. ich should disapear within a few days, but keep feeding him to prevent re-infestation. make sure your shrimp doesn't get any though, it could cause damage. to get the food completely saturated in medication, put a cube or 2 of brine in a brine shrimp net and run the frozen cubes under cold water and rinse/squeeze out all the water and gunk they are preserved in. then sprinkle the appropriate amount of metro over the shrimp, wait a few minutes, and then feed. you can make batches of frozen food that are garlic enriched by doing the same thing except for with several cubes of food (and even mix foods, like a few cubes of brine, a few of mysis, a few of emerald entree, etc.), soaking them in garlic, and then refreezing the mixture. break off the appropriate amount of food, thaw, and feed!

Archived