inTank Media Baskets

Who's got the simplest nano?

Type-H20

I'm putting together a 2.5 gallon and have just about all my supplies for this project. I did my research (I learned a lot just from reading the posts on this site) so I feel I planned out my tank well, and should be successful....I hope ;) While putting together my list of equipment I started wondering..........Who's got the SIMPLEST BARE MINIMUM SETUP on this site. One that is actually thriving, NOT just a tank with live sand and live rock but actually growing corals?:)

I bought a 7 gal off this site that had a bubble wand... no waterchanges, no additives, nothing. thriving shrooms xenia and perc in there. other than the build up of toxins from the xenia, its fine. hope that helps =_

Not sure about simplest, but my 2.5 has stripped out 13W walmart light (50/50 bulb), 50W heater and an AC Mini and that be it....

Several other folks have similar setups - I think glazer had a 2.5 with 2x13W bookworm lights, but also with an AC Mini and his was tank of the month a few back.

-Ed

For a couple of months I had two PH's, heater, and 36w 50/50 on my 12g. I was keeping xenia's, mushrooms, and a red gorgonian. Oh and a perc, No problems at allB)

well i have a 10gl thats been up for almost a year now with just live rock, sand a heater and 2 power heads, well and my lights 52watts pc, thats it, it has coral lps, and leathers that are all growing awsome i think it is pretty simple and everything seems to be thriving

Kalanianaole

I have a 6 gal Eclipse...i took out the origional filtration and put in a Rio 90. Other than that, I have a Bookworm Light (50/50) and the original ballast with a Power-Glo bulb. No heater, no sump, no fuge (though I'm thinking about turning my 5 gal into the Eclipse's fuge).

As far as corals....two branching hammers, candy cane, tubastrea, long-polyped mushroom leather, some type of nephtya, a small gorgonian, ahnghellia, zoos and shrooms. I got a little lazy with adding DTs and my gorgonian suffered because of it.

Rock and sand too.

Pretty simple, I guess.

my 2.5 just has rock sand 1 50 watt heater 2 13 watt pc's no fans a 5-15 gallon whipser power filter and soon a powerhead because not enough movement from the hob,chris

Archived