Top Shelf Aquatics

Clown with acne, I miss diagnosed as ich?

ballhog

My female clown has developed a large white pimple looking thing below her lip. At first, about 2-3 weeks ago, she had a small red mark next to the pimple and the male was had issues with what looked like ich.

After looking at these white spots grow on the male for a few days, I put them both in QT. It only took a day for all the spots on the male to disappear, which I thought was odd. I gave the female a FW dip and dropped the salinity to 1.009. So it's been about 10 days, male is doing great, female was also looking good, the red mark was gone, but she still had a small pimple. Now today, the pimple looks like it is tore open, lots of red and what looks like fuzz or skin.

Any ideas?

I am starting to think when the female was in my other tank, she didn't get into with my emerald crab and this is some type of wound.

sounds like a open wound from, well anything. now it sounds infected with a bacterial infection. get an antibiotic if you plan to treat in QT. if you dont want to treat, feed vitimain supplements with alot of varied foods and do water changes.

herpies is a viral infection. you have a bacterial infection.

She has been getting fresh with the male, so I am not ruling out herpes, LOL.

Six, Is MelaFix good to use for a bacterial infection? I forgot to mention, I been using Melafix for about 4 days now.

Archived