Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Disappointed Marine Environment User

wpringle

Recently received my first order of Marine Environment...boy was I geeked to start using the magic elixir.

Mixed up a batch (didn't dissolve worth a crap), calculated the amount of liquid additive to be approximately 1.6ml/gal, added the appropriate amount, let it age overnight, heated it to 78 degs and broke out the Ca tester to test out the 400+ I was expecting....WRONG Ca level turned out to be 280!!!! Had higher levels of Ca with IO!!!

Man what a let down. Would like to try Bio-Sea but I refuse to buy it. Sent an e-mail to Aqua Craft in the hopes that perhaps they may try to make amends with a bag of Bio-Sea.

Maybe I should just forget about Aqua Craft and go for TM. I have not found a place on line which carries it. My LFS's don't stock it. Anyone know where I can get it on line?

Thanks

lol

sorry to hear that d00der.

So, well give us EXACTLY how you mixed it and what you did. What kind of water,and what temp? I have not had a single bit of trouble.

Personaly I stick with the Bio-Sea.

I use the ME and I haven't had any problems. It dissolves real fast fort me and I use that stupid bottle, although I am running out of juice and still have 3/4 of the first bag left (7 more bags to go woohoo).

I wish you luck in emailing the company. I emailed them asking them if they could give me an idea as to the amount of liquid per gallon I should dose and the response I got was "mix all the salt in a 5 gallon bucket, dump in the whole magic bottle and, whenever you do a water change, dilute the salt water to the salinity you need." Not what I wanted as I will not leave 5 gallon buckets of salt water laying around my apartment.

Archived