Coral Vue Hydros

Coralife screw in pc's

jimi thing

Deffinately not.

Either way, you're better off with 28w or 32w PCs instead.

Why's that? Wouldn't 2 20 watt bulbs be enough light for a little 5 gallon thank that is no more than 8'' tall?

BasementJungle

I made the lighting system for my 5.5 gallon out of a sealed powerstrip and plug in light sockets, tomarrow my 3 20w coralife 50/50s should be coming. I ordered them off of AquariumGuys.com for 10.89 apeice, I think its pretty good bang for my buck. I might even add a 4th 20w down the road as I have room

I made the lighting system for my 5.5 gallon out of a sealed powerstrip and plug in light sockets, tomarrow my 3 20w coralife 50/50s should be coming. I ordered them off of AquariumGuys.com for 10.89 apeice, I think its pretty good bang for my buck. I might even add a 4th 20w down the road as I have room

that 36 watt light is like 50+ bucks isnt it??

in the long run, you might be more pleased w/ the apperance.....but if your just trying to be cheap....the 20's are good

BasementJungle
that 36 watt light is like 50+ bucks isnt it??

in the long run, you might be more pleased w/ the apperance.....but if your just trying to be cheap....the 20's are good

Yeah I'm trying to do everything as economical as possible, for 50 dollars I could have 80 watts worth of coralife bulbs. I'll post pics when I get them up so people can decide for themselves.

Will two 20 watt 50/50 bulbs be too much for a 5 gallon tank or should i go with one? Thanks!

What kind of corals are you tring to keep? My mushrooms are doing great with only one 20 watt 50/50 bulb on my 5 gallon tank. On the other hand, I'm only keeping mushrooms in my tank.

I have 2 20w screw ins over my 1.6g and they are great, all I have in the tank at the moment are zoas, mushrooms, and a colt frag. Should be adding some more corals this week. I am getting an orane pink digi, orange ric, red green acan, hammer, and another zoa frag coming tomorrow. The 1.6 is definatley not stabel enough yet for the digi but depending on the size of the acan or hammer I my try one of them in there.

Archived