ReefCleaners.org

CPR 2R skimmer and bubble problem

Cyber

Hello,

Does anyone know how to stop the bubbles from getting into the tank? I have a CPR skimmer 2R with bio-blade in it. The current seem too strong that blow the bubbles into the tank.

Thanks

Cyber

How long has your tank been set up? When i set my 20L up the first couple of days there were tons of tiny bubbles in the tank. It will subside within a couple of days if your tank is, in fact, a new setup. If thats not the case then check out www.cprusa.com and go to their skimmer forum....there is tons of info on that problem in there and some possible remedies.

| ReEFnEwB1E |

New skimmers always put out bubbles into the tank. It's part of the break in period someone told me. Mines did it the first week then subsided.

I had to get the bubble trap for it. Mine put out way too many bubbles. The skimming was awesome but I couldnt stand the bubbles. I decided to get the bubble trap with pre-skimmer, but just the bubble trap will do. Do a search on google or something and find the cheapest price. I got mine for $40 shipped.

yeah you might want to get a bubble trap. there is a combo in bubble trap and surface skimmer. they call it the black box or something. i have one lying around which i m not using. if you are interested, email me.

Thank you everyone. By the way, does anyone have a picture of how the bubble trap should be installed. I saw it in the store for $29 but don't know how to install it.

By the way, the tank is new. The CPR was taken from the old tank. I didnt know the problem of releasing bubble in the new tank. : Is there a reason why there is a difference between old tank and new tank? ( I am talking about the bubbles)

Thanks

Cyber

IMO save your money and don't buy the bubble trap, I've heard of Bak-Paks still releasing bubbles into tank with the trap. I would just be patient, the bubbles should go away within a day or two, at least mine always have. Good luck

The bubble trap just slides over the outflow in the tank. Its pretty simple actually. I have heard they dont work sometimes too, but I have come to realize with mine that if you dont set it up right there will still be bubbles. If it is installed correctly, which isnt hard to do, it will work perfectly. In the top right corner of this pic you can see my combo box. Its actually kind of hard to see against my black background.

101_0189_IMG.jpg

Oh, as far as the difference between tanks, mine started putting out thousands of the bubbles after already being set up on the same tank for 3 years. The only difference was that I moved the tank. Im still not sure what caused it or continues to cause there to be so many bubles.

Archived