Top Shelf Aquatics

2.5 gallon pico

fishy687

Hi. I'm upgrading my 1g pico to a 2.5g and I was wondering what is compatable. I have coral, 2 shrimp, a hermit crab, and a small snail. I bought a 50/50 18 watt light for my new tank also. I was thinking about getting a small fish. I was wondering what kind of fish would be okay in such a small tank. Or do you recommend me not getting one.

You should be able to do a small yellow goby without any problems. They only get an inch and a half. If you do a search on the stocking list you will see that it is doable. A couple of the gobies are. Thats all though no clowns none of that.

Hi. I'm upgrading my 1g pico to a 2.5g and I was wondering what is compatable. I have coral, 2 shrimp, a hermit crab, and a small snail. I bought a 50/50 18 watt light for my new tank also. I was thinking about getting a small fish. I was wondering what kind of fish would be okay in such a small tank. Or do you recommend me not getting one.

From what I learned, I would say not to go with any fish in a 3 gallons.

If I was to start it all over, I would only put a fish in a 10G.

Yellow clown goby or even better,a panda goby would work. Both stay very small panda goby the smallest though, i dont even think that they reach half an inch.

umm, sorry, no fish. just not enough room. doesnt matter how big there, its space thats an issue. there are plenty of cool inverts to choose from.

umm, sorry, no fish. just not enough room. doesnt matter how big there, its space thats an issue. there are plenty of cool inverts to choose from.

;) agreed

I say that there is plenty of room for one of many small goby fish. I have seen some very small species that I would never put in my 20 gallon just because I'm affraid they would be killed by my larger more aggresive additions.

I have changed my mind.. I would NOT put a fish no matter how small in a 2.5 gal.. By the time you add the corals there is no room. I didn't realize this until I put a couple of things in my tank.. I wouldnt be able to add a fish in there he wouldn't have any room. He would survive but wouldnt have any room.

I vote no

Archived