Cultivated Reef

Blue spotted jawfish

kryptonite

Hey everyone. I just picked up a blue spotted jawfish the other day from my lfs. This is a great fish. It is doing great so far working on its 4th day in the tank. It is working hard building its tunnel as I am constantly adding more rubble to the tank.

My question is about the wierdness of the relationship between the jawfish and my black percula clown. My clown is always going down there to his hole and bugging him. The jawfish isn't really lashing out at him at all he's kind of being a champ about the whole ordeal so far and is tolerating the curious clown very well. But the clown is bugging the hell out of me. I love to sit there and watch the jaw build and when the clown comes around he sinks about 3/4 of the way down into his hole.

Do you think the clown is going to be a potential problem for the jawfish (This being only a 15g tall)? If so, I will get rid of the clown because I really like the jawfish. Do you think the jawfish will have a healthier happier life without being bugged all the time? Should he be the only fish in the tank?

Sorry for all the questions but this particular type of jawfish (as I am sure you are aware of) is not exactly the cheapest one out there. I do want what's best for him.

Thanks,

Nathan

Archived