inTank Media Baskets

Coral Propagation Tank

SemiAverage711

SemiAverage711

I recently received a tank with a light and HOB filter. My dad found it in the garage. I think it is a ten gallon. I am thinking about turning this into a prop tank. I need to super glue the lid back on seeing as it was cracked when I got it and I took it off to paint the back. Once I super glue it back together I think I will do some modding to it. I have a heater at home, at least I should. And a thermomer is in my possesion. Anything else that I am missing. I have salt and a hydrometer, floating style, which works well for me.

But this is what I want to do.

Live sand, of course!

Some rubble to let zoos grow onto.

New lights, just PC's.

Some chaeto.

And that will be about it. Will I need any janitors? I won't be feeding any corals. Maybe dosing calcium, but that is about it. I am trying to get a small prop tank going so at the end of every month I will have some money, not much, but some to go to the LFS and have a hayday!!!! Actually, I will probably just sell my frags to the store for some credit and get some stuff free!!!!! Cha-chingggg! But, if you see any flaws in my design, just tell me. No offense taken!

You didn't mention circulation - you'll need a powerhead if you don't already have a spare one lying around.

You'll probably want at least a rudimentary cleanup crew as you'll be having some algae growth.

SemiAverage711
You didn't mention circulation - you'll need a powerhead if you don't already have a spare one lying around.

You'll probably want at least a rudimentary cleanup crew as you'll be having some algae growth.

Dang, I don't have a powerhead. I thought I could make it through without spending anything!!! HAHA. Oh well. I guess I will go buy a power head, some crabs, and some snails. But, I probably won't do that until I start seeing algae.

Archived