ReefCleaners.org

Finnex 4 gallon vs. 5.5 gallon

Tslabaugh

Hey all,

I am wanting to set up a small tank in my apartment here at college. I am looking at getting a Finnex 4 gallon set up or possibly a 5.5 gallon. I know this is kinda going to be my choice as to which tank is more appealing to me, but I want to get some advice from some people who have also had to make a similar decision.

Which would I be better off with? Since the Finnex comes with the light and filter it would make my life easier, I think. I know it is a good deal and have read that people like the tanks and the light, but what about the filter? Is it a piece of crap or is it decent? The lighting would be 3.25 wpg which should be enough for anything I plan on putting in there.

The 5.5 gallon, of course, would have to be pieced together by me. I can see where this would be better as I could get the best for my money instead of buying the finnex. Would I use the 9" Coralife mini PC light? This would make it about 3.25 wpg also. I have read good things about aquaclear HOB filters so I would probably use one. Any opinions and advice would be great.

Hey all,

I am wanting to set up a small tank in my apartment here at college. I am looking at getting a Finnex 4 gallon set up or possibly a 5.5 gallon. I know this is kinda going to be my choice as to which tank is more appealing to me, but I want to get some advice from some people who have also had to make a similar decision.

Which would I be better off with? Since the Finnex comes with the light and filter it would make my life easier, I think. I know it is a good deal and have read that people like the tanks and the light, but what about the filter? Is it a piece of crap or is it decent? The lighting would be 3.25 wpg which should be enough for anything I plan on putting in there.

The 5.5 gallon, of course, would have to be pieced together by me. I can see where this would be better as I could get the best for my money instead of buying the finnex. Would I use the 9" Coralife mini PC light? This would make it about 3.25 wpg also. I have read good things about aquaclear HOB filters so I would probably use one. Any opinions and advice would be great.

id go finnex...its a nice tank...id still put the coalife light on it...but thats just me

if you get the finnex, you can get it running right away....

either way as far as filtration, get the biggest AC you can fit on it...not sure the model number...

Archived