Coral Vue Hydros

salt creep eliminator?

Buzzfish

freakaccident

I have never used it but you might want to investigate the possiblity of that stuff getting into your tank. Is it safe for your inhabitants? The description doesnt say. It could be rebottled WD40 for all we know.

hmmmmm Ive never seen that before

Sounds bogus to me. If it infact does form some kind of chemical bond and forms some kind film on things in the water, then what does that do to your fish and corals? I wouldnt even try it. The only real way to get rid of salt creep is either remove the salt or minimize splash and micro bubbles as much as possible.

Unless i hear that someone has had positive, noticable experiences with it then I'm staying away. Just tripped over it and it looked interesting.

i've used it but more for just cleaning the front of the tanks rather than their salt 'repellant' properties. :

it cuts through the droplet shadows pretty easily without worrying about streaking and stuff. the jungle one is ok too but the pumps they use suck (i.e they eventually clog over time). the coralife is better ime.

you (we) could just use water and a paper towel but what's the fun in that? :P

haha,

well that would make the decision alot easier wouldn't it?

yeah i use a paper towel with some freshwater every freaking week when i do my water changes, it's just a pain, thats all. I'll probably give it a shot for the hood and outside of the tank whenever i place another order online.

thanks for the responses

what desk jockey said. seriously. there are precautions ont eh bottle that say "DO NOT USE IN TANK OR AREAS PRONE TO RE-HYDRATION INTO TANK WATER"

bad stuff, gimic that is a waste of $ IMO

if you have calcium build ups, a 1/3rd concentration of vinegar and CLR works well as it is muriac acid.

Always HTH

Archived