Pod Your Reef

New Clam pic

gregmoeck

He looks great. Can you tell me how long your 96 watt bulb and socket are together? I would love to add one to my 18gal but it is only 15" square and I'm not sure it will fit. Thanks for any info you can give me.

I have a power quad which is one bulb with 4 tubes all connected.

96-watt, 18-inch 4-tube (2 - 10,000°K premium daylight and 2 - ultra actinic) in a single lamp for greater depth penetration. PowerQuad Prism Pendent measures 19-1/2"L & x 10-1/4"W x 4-1/2"H.

nice bright light.

pendant.JPG

r u swure thats enough light.....i was under the impression that maxima's could only be kept with mh and the other clams could surfive with PC's....i realize it is only a ten gal but still...

Well, I guess we can call him a pioneer then? I think there plenty of reefers keeping high-light loving species under nothing but PC lighting. While I loved MH lights when I used them, the one thing I absolutely hated was the heat factor.

I'm sure he'll keep us updated of the clams success. :)

John

I love and want Clams but I don't have sufficient lighting. I was at my LFS and the guy said that if I didn't have mh then to not buy a clam. The guy said that he had perfect water conditions and his clam lasted only three months under pc lights. Can't wait til I get my 120G tank set up, I'm going to have mh and hopefully clams.

Lee

Archived