Innovative Marine Aquariums

feather duster help!

iamcuhja

ok, i posted last week, because my feather duster had a rip in its tube, but it was still opening up so i thought it'd be ok. today, i noticed it wasnt out at all, and i just noticed that ALL the freathers came off! but not in singles, they cam off as one whole peice! is there anything i can do? thanks

-cj

oh yea, P.S.

the rip in the tube is actually closed up, and teh work is still alive inside, it still comes to the top every now and then you can see it, just no feathers

My feather duster just lost his crown. I read that they will do this when stressed, and that the worm will grow a new crown. That being said, mine did not make it. He actually went MIA. I'm assuming he's gone for good. But keep your hopes up as I've read that many other peoples dusters have done fine after throwing the crown.

drowsyfirefly
ok, i posted last week, because my feather duster had a rip in its tube, but it was still opening up so i thought it'd be ok. today, i noticed it wasnt out at all, and i just noticed that ALL the freathers came off! but not in singles, they cam off as one whole peice! is there anything i can do? thanks

-cj

oh yea, P.S.

the rip in the tube is actually closed up, and teh work is still alive inside, it still comes to the top every now and then you can see it, just no feathers

You're going to have to target feed it until it starts growing a new crown or it will starve. I would use the bottle top method if possible to surround the worm and put the phyto in there so it will get a lot. If that's not an option use a pipette and hope for the best.

Glad to see the tube is fixed though! :)

Good luck,

Meghan

You're going to have to target feed it until it starts growing a new crown or it will starve. I would use the bottle top method if possible to surround the worm and put the phyto in there so it will get a lot. If that's not an option use a pipette and hope for the best.

Glad to see the tube is fixed though! :)

Good luck,

Meghan

It alright though. I have a cocoworm who lost its crwon and then came back again after 2 months. and again jsut lost its crown, so I hope that this time round, it will be ok. Wil try targetfeeding it. My featherduster frequently lose their crown but normally just grow back by itself after a week or so.

thanks guys! so if it grows back in 2 months will the crown be the same size? i'll try target feeding, hopefully it makes it. its the only purple and green feather duster i've ever sen!

Archived