Cultivated Reef

Finally!!!

jdiver

I've been waiting for about month for my lfs to get cleaner shrimp in. They got in a big shipment last week that apparently sat on a runway for 10 hours, causing the cleaner shrimp (and no doubt many other things) to die. They got in another shipment this morning and had a whole tank full of cleaners when I went down tonight. I finally have my cleaner shrimp and after acclimating him for about an hour, he is now happily in my tank. Just thought I would share with my fellow addicts. :)

Did you get a cleaner shrimp?

These guys are very cool.  Mine had eggs when I got it.  She released the eggs soemtime later in my tank.

Now everytime my hand goes into the tank this shrimp comes right over and looks for food in my hand! :)

Can be a little bothersome when you are trying to clean the tank! Hehehe :)

Good luck with the new shrimp.

I love cleaner shrimp.  In my office tank, if you slide your arm in the water the shrimp will walk right up your arm to the surface of the water.  Very fun and friendly shrimp.

Best of luck with it.

The cleaner shrimp hasn't tried to murder my feather duster yet, so it is already one up on my old peppermint shrimp. :)

Could I have two cleaners in a 7 gallon tank? I don't think they add much of anything to the bio-load, and I know they are usually found in groups.

keeping more than 1 shrimp would be better since they are a community type animal. also 2 cleaners wouldnt produce that much bio-waste like a fish would.

anthony812

Keep 3-5 to increase the chance of reproduction..heheh...

they are so fun to watch and play with..^_^  they will clean anything..its just too bad that they won't eat algae..or else they are the best!

Archived