Top Shelf Aquatics

anyone keeping arrow's?

firefishbrain

firefishbrain

I was just wondering who has an arrow, what's their temperment and everything? I don't plan on getting one, but I don't see them too often here and they are so cool looking, so I'm wondering why... crabs usually make the ideal nano habitant cuz they're generally small and like to hide...

well, does anyone???

There's a guy in Dekalb that's taking down his tank who has one - Pretty neat looking - I've seen them in the Naperville LFS too

He still has it and it's for sale - Was with serpent star, peps, pistol / goby combo and 1 of Rod's onyx

YR

I kinda like 'em myself - I doubt I could get away with keeping one though - My g/f is an aracnophobe and those things looks like a daddy long legs

BustytheSnowMaam

Arrow crabs are neat- they do look like spiders and are guaranteed to freak out anyone unfamiliar with saltwater. The gross thing about them is they eat bristle worms, and they don't eat the bristleworm quickly- they hold it and eat it alive slowly over the course of a week or so and the worm is writhing in its claws the entire time (if you don't like bristleworms this is entertaining). Mine never bothered anything in the tank besides leftover food and bristleworms.

Tasha

I had one for about 8 months. He lived in my nano along with 2 shrimp, a brittle star, and a few fish. I moved him to a 75 and he was great for a few months. I added a CBS and a week later the crab was dead. It didn't appear that he was in a fight. All of his legs were intact. He was big (around 4") so maybe he died of old age. I want to get another because they move so steath around the tank.

Robb

Archived