Pod Your Reef

pure water...

Iphantom

is spring water ok?

what about distilled?

I really dont have access to a RO water right now and my tank is very much in need for a water change I just dont want to put more tap water in there

-Matt

I would stay away from spring water, you don't know what process its been through or what has been added or nitrates etc. I currently use distilled water and RO/DI water purchased from LFS. The vast majority of distilled water is safe. But to be sure it never hurts to call the manufacturer to make sure there is no copper used in the process. LFS that sell corals have huge tanks of RO or better yet RO/DI water, and most(even if not advertised) will sell it to you for somewhere between 25 to 75 cents per gallon(just bring your own container).

Good Luck;)

My lfs does not carry RO water for some strange reason

so I guess I will be going with distilled

any brand better then the other?

-Matt

I'll tell you this much. I've been too cheap to buy copper and phosphate tests, but after switching from Finast brand distilled last week to Finast brand drinking water (RO filtered), my tank looks much better. Most notably my xenia looks amazing whereas before it never looked that good making me think the distilled water had copper in it. I'd test before you use distilled.

Archived