Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Is this a coincedance...copepods..refuge?

3twenty5

Well its been about 1 week since I added my 2.5g refuge to my 7g Mini. Everything is going well, seems that algae(bright green) has taken to the fuge just after a couple days. This morning I notice a ton..and I mean a ton of copepods all over the front glass? So I have read that a refuge can increase your copepod stock, and also copepods are a sign of a healthy tank. So I am wondering is there a chance my refuge which now consists of only a 2 inch live aragonite sand bed(sand was not added from main tank) has increased my copepods commnuity that fast?

lol lol lol lol lol lol

stabbunny.gif

lol lol lol lol lol lol

yes that is a good assumption as to

the particular a-s-s-a-s-s-assment of

teh sitietuatieions parameterz.

:rolleyes:

Did you think you would fit in the fuge? Gonna hide out there in case of Biological war? I mean come on man it is a Refugium, but FOR COPEPODS. So yes that should be happening, and is half the reason you got one right?

Let up on him you guys! Haven't you heard the reef keeping adage (and I'm paraphrasing here): Success comes slowly, disaster strikes quickly? Given that, I would be a bit leary of my quick "success", too.

I'm surprised by such a dramatic increase over such a short time, too. But, like these guys are trying to say, it is a good thing. Are all of your tank parameters doing OK?

I'm not surprised. It's possible that the pods were there and he just happened to not really notice them until now.

325, the fuge is their safe haven (refuge if you will). Congrats on the pod explosion.

Originally posted by madness

Let up on him you guys! Haven't you heard the reef keeping adage (and I'm paraphrasing here): Success comes slowly, disaster strikes quickly?  Given that, I would be a bit leary of my quick "success", too.

I'm surprised by such a dramatic increase over such a short time, too. But, like these guys are trying to say, it is a good thing.  Are all of your tank parameters doing OK?

Thanks madness and Crakeur

Don't worry these guys bother me the least bit. I do not feel my ? was dumb so I am kewl with their replies.

Anyways all my tank parameters are good.....copepods seem to be moving to the back..I am sure they were in the tank..just thought it was odd to wake up one day and see them all over the glass...I mean tons..:)

Archived