Cultivated Reef

Question on skimmers...

Lebowski

Lebowski-

Please ignore the ignorant behavior above.

Reading your signature, you have a 29 gallon reef? Prizms suck. Royally. Seaclones are ok. If you want a good skimmer that will take care of your needs, look into the Aqua C Remora. It comes in a hang on and in sump model.

Very good company to deal with and great service.

Good Luck!

i wouldn't say prizms suck (they're ok imo) but i would say that about seaclones (they suck imo).

i do agree that the remora is considered very good tho.

Remoras, CPR Bakpaks, and turbo floaters seem to be the most perferred. Lees and seaclones suck. Mixed reviews on the prizms, but I think they are leaps and bounds above seaclones. I would however try for the first three brands I mentioned above.

Here are some more affordable links for some of these skimmers than the ridiculous prices most LFS charge.

CPR BakPak

Remora (used)

Red sea

Another good deal on Red Sea

Good Luck;)

i'm aware of that, just too lazy to search as I already have.

I'm looking into the CPR bac pak so i guess that will have to do.

Originally posted by Lebowski

i'm aware of that, just too lazy to search as I already have.

you will get flamed forever from now on and NEVER get any help if you make that statement again.

seriously.

:

don't drool then expect us to cater to you on NANO-REEF.

If you want to be spoon fed,

GOBACK%202%20BEGINEWRRSforum.jpg

or go to www.thereeftank.com or Saltwaterfish.com they like to reply to the same stuff and LOOVVVVEEEEE to talk BS overthere.

haha

It looks like I'll have to go with the prizm.......:

Anything else is too much for me, and I don't do ebay after a bad experience I've had.....

yeah, i rate the seaclone too, superb skimmer, perfect and cheap !!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

cheers

lee

:) :) :) :)

YOU MIGHT THINK THAT FIRST POST WAS FUNNY, BUT YOU GAVE MY 5 YEAR OLD SON A SIEZURE. HOW DARE YOU! THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FLAMING SOMEONE AND CAUSING SERIOUS HARM! YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR! I HOPE YOU ENJOY LEGAL ACTION MY FRIEND, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT YOUR LIFE IS ABOUT TO CONSIST OF! I WILL DO EVERYTHING IN MY POWER TO MAKE YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!!!!! MY SON HIT HIS HEAD ON THE DESK, AND WE WERE AT THE HOSPITAL FOR MORE THAN 4 HOURS, 20 STITCHES!!!!!!

Archived