Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

powersweep powerheads

Mmorse

What should I get for my 20g tank? Two smaller powersweeps or one large powersweeps power heads? Or does anybody else have another opinion of what I should use for water movement.

Do a search for them and you'll get a myriad of answers. But I think there are peeps who like them and peeps how say the PH is fine, but the sweeper is Queso-Cheese ball! Apparently, they clog and crap out on anything from hair to coralline algea. I think there are better PH's out there with adjustable nozzles (albiet, not sweeping).

There is a small micro PH the Dave ESPI has posted about in the past (sorry, I forgot the name), but they have had really good success with it. Also, I agree with KC......maxi's are really good PH's and the configuration he's talking about is proven to give a good circulation.

Personally, I like the sweeping concept......but I think a better "tidal" effect would be to place to PH on opposite ends of the tank pointing diagonally accross the reef, and put them on timers to alternate with about 15-20min "slack" time. That would be the most realistic.

Archived