SaltCritters.com

Colt Coral

myaquarium

DementedLullaby

Good video and worth the download IMO. You seem a bit rough with it but no worse for the wear I suppose. Through transit they probably go through worse :P

One thing, I wouldn't suggest cutting corals in the tank if you can avoid it.

yea, it takes about a day and then they perk up , i would've taken it out but i could show better in the tank , but yes i do suggest as well cutting out of the tank, and thank you for watching and good critisism

yea, it takes about a day and then they perk up , i would've taken it out but i could show better in the tank , but yes i do suggest as well cutting out of the tank, and thank you for watching and good critisism

The video was pretty well done man and very educational.

Just one suggestion, when you were attaching the frag to the rock and doing nuts on the fish line your hands were out of the scope of the camera.

Besides from that, your video was top notch dude.

I took a frag off my colt a few weeks ago but I used a toothpich through the bottom of it and then a rubberband to hold it onto the rock. Using fishing line definately looks better. I want to give it a while longer before I take the rubberband and toothpick out to make sure that it is fully attached.

hey thanks everyone for the comps, yea, i was taping by myself(no one helps lol) so i didnt know my hand was out of scope till after but i figured didnt make much of a diff, and as for cutting on the tank, every coral releases toxins, weather hurtful or not, and better not to take a chance, but colt isnt that toxic and im running a pretty sturdy tank so thats why i took the shot

DementedLullaby

Just to add if you absolutely have to cut in a tank it's best to run carbon. I always run carbon anyway but yeah :P

Nice video...

I would love to see some pics ,say a week later and then maybe two....

I would find it very interesting

Make a video when you do your zoo's next ime ok?

-B

Thanks for posting. I can't watch the video from here but I will definitely watch it from home.

What type/size of fishing line do you use? The last time I tried a colt frag with fishing line, it looked great for a day or two and then the line cut through the coral before it attached. Next time I was planning on doing the toothpick/rubber band method. I had little success with colts using bridal veil netting as well.

Thanks again for taking the time to make the video!!

Archived