ReefCleaners.org

Which shrimp to get?

Sharpie129

I'm probably going to be adding a shrimp to my 24 nano this weekend and I'm not sure which shrimp i should get. Being on a budget, the cheaper peppermint shrimp seems to be a nice idea but would it be much more beneficial to go for a skunk instead? What are people's thoughts on this?

DementedLullaby

What do you want a shrimp for? Purely looks?

I would go with a skunk or blood cleaner shrimp. I prefer my skunk a little better but my blood is funny too.

The peppermints are good aptasia eaters, but don't look as nice as the skunk or the blood shrimp. Also the skunk and blood shrimp will clean off your fish and eat any external parasites that they may have, including ich. They will also clean your hand. :D

My Perculas (now deceased) did not want anything to do with my skunk when it would try to clean them.

I vote for the skunk, I like mine. I tell people I trained it because it'll "jump" up into my hand when I stick it in the tank (not just mine, they all do it, I think).

funny thing, my angel goes up to my skunk to get cleaned and the skunk cowers in fear lol

the skunk is new and fairly small so i dont know if hes still getting adjusted to the tank or if he doesnt know any better yet

but also vote for skunk

Archived