Top Shelf Aquatics

2.5 @ 3mths

jubilee597

Just wanted to post a few new Pics of my 2.5 at work. I'm going slow making sure everything stays stableized.

Added 1Cerith, 1 Astrea, 1 Nass.

Also added 1 rock w/ 3 diff. shrooms on it, a Ric. Fla. that is splitting now and a small frag of zoos. Crappy camera but you get the idea.

post-7381-1161363515_thumb.jpgpost-7381-1161363373_thumb.jpgpost-7381-1161363336_thumb.jpg

Randy

Looks great!

What's your equipment? I see the intake tube of some kind of HOB filter, which one? Lighting?

Thanks,

2.5 gallon, custom base & canopy, Finnex 25w heater, Coralife 18w 50/50 retro,

Aquaclear 20 with rubble and soon to be cheto, coaralife dig. therm.

2.5 lbs nano live rock, 2 lbs Fla. live sand, little dripper running through a plastic air valve for drip system/top off.

Here's a pic of the whole thing, in the beginning, after the sand settled.

post-7381-1161374776_thumb.jpg

Randy

It appears your sand is still considerably white since your firt pics of this pico. I'm curious as to how you are keeping the sand so white? Is it the snails? Also, how long is your daily light cycle? Thanks

I probably have $30 in the stand and canopy. I made it myself.

The snails keep the sand stirred pretty well. I do siphon off a little once in a while when I do waterchanges. Light is on from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM every day.

That was a pic from when I first set the tank up. I already have lost that thermometer. I now have a coralife digital.

The only thing that did not work out as planned was the heater did not fit into the filter so I had to hide it with the rocks.

Thanks

Randy

Archived