Pod Your Reef

[custom]John_Auberry

John_Auberry

I entered the stock but just realized the lighting limit. So I want to enter my 10g into custom

the start

100_1101.jpg

October

100_1115.jpg

November

December

January

Febuary

March

post-22111-1161322866_thumb.jpg

I have been super busy all day trying to catch up because I just found out about the contest yesterday. I bought all sorts of goodies. I found these great book shelves at a antique store, and thought they would make a neat little stand. For 300$ for the pair you cant beat that deal. They are real sturdy

100_1087.jpg

I painted the back of the tanks black. Only one will be in the contest the other one will be set up as a coral qt.

I cut my new tunze reef pack in half to make it look better in the tank.......dont you hate spending 200$ bucks on somthing just to cut it into pieces. :angry: I spent hours digging through my live rock collection to get two pieces I think look nice. (I have about 500lbs in trash cans in my work shop just for these things, never know when you might need it) I what to go for the "less is more look".

But at the end of the day I was happy with the way it turned out.

post-22111-1161394354_thumb.jpg

post-22111-1161394588_thumb.jpg

post-22111-1161394901_thumb.jpg

post-22111-1161395262_thumb.jpg

Build Tally

Ten g aquarium-15$

heater-25$

tunze reef pack skimmer and filter combo-195$

MH hqi 150 watt pendant-235$

live sand-20$

about 10 lbs live rock-50$ (already had)<------dont count on my 1000$ budget :P

book shelve stand-300$ <--------dont count on my 1000$ budget :P

200g bucket of salt mix and test kits-90$<----Cristy said it counts but it shouldnt because I need it for my other tanks too. :angry:

Couple of frags I got today for the tank-170$

Total that Cristy counts........about 800$, leaves me about 200$ to play with

post-22111-1161396156_thumb.jpg

I was just discussing the cost of these setups with someone earlier; they sure can add up quick. However, it looks like everything came together nicely.

Build Tally

Ten g aquarium-10$

heater-15$

tunze reef pack skimmer and filter combo-145$

MH hqi 150 watt pendant-205$

live sand-10$

about 10 lbs live rock-0$ (already had)<------dont count on my 1000$ budget :P

book shelve stand-0$ <--------dont count on my 1000$ budget :P

200g bucket of salt mix and test kits-0$<----Cristy said it counts but it shouldnt because I need it for my other tanks too. :angry:

Couple of frags I got today for the tank-100$

Total that Cristy counts........about 00$, leaves me about 515$ to play with

fixed.

you're not an accountant, are you? :huh:

so i've taken the liberty to correct/adjust your numbers based upon recent manlaw tax amendments. based upon those recent developments i've come up with the above adjusted figure of $485.

this is based upon the following:

the frags are potential trade-ins or "credit rebates" and thus should be (de)valued as such.

all of the equipment should have a "pretty furniture" discount added into their pricing.

and finally, set the same $1000 limit for her in the same timeframe of the contest. i'm sure you can obtain a larger line of credit then. ;)

nice start and good luck! :happy:

:lol::lol::lol: thats great! I half to show her that

fixed.

you're not an accountant, are you? :huh:

so i've taken the liberty to correct/adjust your numbers based upon recent manlaw tax amendments. based upon those recent developments i've come up with the above adjusted figure of $485.

this is based upon the following:

the frags are potential trade-ins or "credit rebates" and thus should be (de)valued as such.

all of the equipment should have a "pretty furniture" discount added into their pricing.

and finally, set the same $1000 limit for her in the same timeframe of the contest. i'm sure you can obtain a larger line of credit then. ;)

nice start and good luck! :happy:

I put the frags in my 220g fish only.........It used to be my reef till I started going to school full time and working full time. I sold off all the coral to make it easer to care for. Its very easy to mantain because I have a 250g refugium in the fish room behind the tank. At one time I had 5 reef tanks running at one time :o . Now my life is so much less matainance. I sold all the tanks but the 220g. But then I ended up buying a biobube 29g (impulse buy) and that got me back into reefing. Then I saw this contest and said what the hell....this looks like fun.

post-22111-1161672322_thumb.jpg

well the cycle is over and I added a fish..........its a damsel. I hate them but it was the only small fish my local pet store had. Plus Im shore he will get mean as hell but he will be the only fish in the tank.

post-22111-1162093562_thumb.jpg

100_1158.jpgI found out that Oceanic uses tempered glass on the sides of there tanks. After drilling 3 holes in my AGA tank for the sump I started drill for the Oceanic display and when the daimond bit hit the glass it exploded. Off to the fish store I go to get another tank . I was iching for an excuse

I have drilled many holes and this has never happened.......damn Oceanic and there tempered tanks........what company would waste money on tempered glass for a 10g

a company that decided not to give you junk^

:cough aga's tanks suck cough:

In this case, I'd suppose the definition of "junk" would depend on if you wanted to drill your 10g or not. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived