SaltCritters.com

my first nano

scobri

tank is a 7 gal bow...southdown sand...figi rock...2x28pc

just wondering what everyone thought of tank so far any any suggestions you might have...temp has been constant at 80 and ammonia and nitrite readings are low....Im hoping for a small cycle in tank...rock I picked out has nice purple and pink coraline and Im also looking to get some more...there is also one dime sized spot that is a light green color??..P5270051.JPGP5270056.JPG

NanoReefer53

Lookin great ! Where'd you get that overflow or did you make it ? I've been trying to look for a low cost one.

good job so far. if yuou are going to add more rock do it now! this way your tank doesnt recycle. i personbally would add soem more rock but that is jusdt my opinion. looks like a good start.

thanks for the replies...yes I made the over flow..I used a chop saw to cut slices in top...the front and two sides are one piece.. I used a propane torch to heat up plastic and bend to make sides....back and bottom are seperate pieces clued on with silicone...

Im getting some more rock in the next day or two...I really havent experienced any cycle at all yet....guess there isnt a whole lot of die off from rock??

Joxer the Mighty

Looking good, but is that Aptasia on the far right of the first picture? If it is, you should probably kill it before it spreads to other parts of  your tank.

Looking nice scobri!

Yeah, I agree with Joxer the Mighty... If that is aptasia, you may want to get it out.

My $.02. :)

Archived