Top Shelf Aquatics

My 15gal, still under development

DAP

adinsxq :Actually the bumble bee snail moved the crab out of his way, thats a porcelain crab, it is a filter feeder.

LiQuiD: Yep its an angler, the only fish in the tank. My brown star polyps grows twice as fast as the green that is next to it. I dont understand why either. One day I will definetly be ready for some trading. I want to spread it around my tank a little more first. I am sort of doing a star polyp/mushroom/xenia/leather tank.

Yep, it sure is a "condy" in the middle, I have had this guy for 5 years in about 6 different tanks, he is the first anemone I ever bought. I sold my 125 reef about 6 months ago, and all I kept was some sand, a few pieces of rock, some polyps, mushrooms, my Condy, and a bunch of snails.

Specs are:

ph: 8.2

salinity: 1.025

Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate 0

5 gallon water change every week

bakpak skimmer with 150 watt heater in it

emporer 280, no biowheel, and just an empty media holder that I toss carbon, and phosguard into every once in a while.

Maxi jet 400 (105 GPH) pwer head.

Dose with B-ionic everyday.

manual top off of 8 oz per day.

110 watt power compact lighting 55w actinic, 55w 10k

I am upgrading to a 20g and a sump, so I can use a real skimmer.

the condy was my 1st too!!!....i haver had mine for about a year now....wow 5years...they are fast growers...how big is it...mine has tripled in a year....nice tank

You may want to think twice before upgrading to a sump to use a 'real' skimmer. The Bakpak works wonderful. I used one on a 55 gallon reef for almost three years and it did the job extremely well. I was keeping everything in that tank. Clams, sps etc... All with great success.

On a tank this size, it's more than enough skimming power. In my opinion. Of course, if you're just doing it for fun, go for it. But, I doubt you'll pull much more guk out of your system using a sump skimmer.

John

Archived