SaltCritters.com

Newly Step Up Tank!!!! With PICS

Crimper

Hey guys, here are a bunch of pics of my new tank... I Just set it up 3 days ago, and already finding lots of cool stuff from the rock!

Man I love this thing :)

here is the whole thing

Im running a HOB AC 150 on the back, for added flow and volume, and a AC 120 GPH PH

Also have a 50 W Ebo Jager heater.

Lighting is done by 2 flo. T8 15 W light, balast and fixtures are just some stuff i picked up from Canadian Tire and it works great

I have 1 10 000K that actually came with the fixture and an Actinic.

so check it out

Oh ya I made all the wood work myself including the stand!

Here is a shot where u can see the lights, and most of the equipment

Right now i dont have any LS in there yet. I plan on getting some soon. All I could find at the local LFS is 40 lbs worth and costing an arm and a leg... so still holding out. I may just use dead sand

• 3 weeks later...

Hey thanks guys.

Yes it is a 10 gal tank, and Yes I will be getting more pics.

I have just recently added 2 damsels in it to help it cycle faster. 1 domino, and 1 3 stripe damsel. I like them.

I keep finding lots of new things in there, little shrimp, bristle worms, feather dusters, and a couple other corals im not sure of. i also found some tiny snails, even a clam and a crab (i dont know what type).

I just had a big coraline algea spurt, so now the back wall is begining to be completly covered.

SeaMountain

Nice woodwork!

I WANNA SEE DA FISHIES THOUGH!!!!

Mine has been up for almost three weeks and I should get my clean up crew shipped in tomorrow morning. Can't wait to see movement in there! HA!

Running only one PH? How's the water movement?

Well SeaMountian,

you are right that I only have 1 PH, but if u look closly to the set up, i also have a AC 150 kicking in from behind. This provides surface brakage, and a downward flow.

I like to think of it as the surf, as the water hit the reef and rushes towards shore. :P

Archived