SaltCritters.com

Quick zoo mounting question

norcal99

I have a nice colony of Eagle Eyes and noticed that a few of the polyps aren't mounted to the rock and are dangling around. I want to mount them onto a piece of rubble and so I guess my question is, can I just glue them directly on to a piece of rubble without any fear the the glue melting the polyps? I usually scrape off a piece of the rock underneath the zoo mat when fraggin so I'm not sure if this placing glue on the polyps will end up melting them. I'm using Krazy Glue Gel btw. Please and thanks!

You can glue the polyps and they wont melt...Just make sure you use the least amount of glue as possible and make sure to place them into some tank water cause the glue can get hot when curing..

Agreed--I used to think that they got burned but haven't had any problems lately by making sure to immerse the frag--IMMEDIATELY--after touching the polyps to the glue. Water will make it harden fast as long as you don't move it around. Let it alone for 5-10 minutes after to be sure and you should be all set.

Jon in SW Ohio

The advice above is the advice I'd give as well. The only thing I've noticed about gluing polyp to rock is that after a month or two they will sometimes "shed" and come unattached from their mount if they haven't started spreading out yet. Eagle Eyes should spread fast enough it shouldn't be an issue, I only have that problem with slow growing large polyped ones.

Jon

Ahh great thanks for the replies. I'll give it a go later on and might have a few frags of my eagle eyes for sale in a couple weeks after a bit of recovery. I'll report back B)

• 1 month later...

Archived