Top Shelf Aquatics

Newbie and Reflectors

labrat

Hello all,

First let me say the wealth of information and support on this site is impressive to say the least. This is my first post but believe me there will be tons to follow:) I've been working on a 20gal nano for the past year and have finally got the system completed except for the PC reflectors. I've built this nano from scratch, literally, and can't wait to start reefing. I'll attach step by step pics soon..... So enough rambling, where can I purchase just the reflector for a 20gal tall with 2x 65 watt PCs? Thanks for your help guys and gals and I look forward to hearing back from you all.

Cheers,

Rick

:P

Check out this place, I've heard only good things about the reflectors here and plan on purchasing a bunch soon so I can redo my 40g.

Here's the link: AH Supply

-Jonathan

you could just coat the whole inside of your hood like i have with mine.

The stuff here (uk) is called mylar sheet, basically its rubber backed, and the front is mirror reflective, and just like a mirror but basically reef safe rubber.

check this site :- www.growell.co.uk

i know its english, but it'll give you the idea, or the type of outlet to source from there in the great u.s. ( this site is for hydroponics or nice plant growing if you catch me !! )

do a search on the site for "mylar sheet" and hit enter, then click on mylar sheet again.

also the advantage of this is i can place far more bulbs under there than with reflectors, ie im using 6x T5 tubes equalling about 150w, i could get 10 of them under there if i wanted and my hood is only 12 inch wide (27x12x15).

copy and paste my link below to the url address bar and you'll see mine, if your interested.

cheers

lee

:) :) :) :)

Archived