Coral Vue Hydros

[Stock] Prowland

Prowland

This is by far the best excuse to set up another tank!!

INTRO

I am going to give the stock contest a try. As far as a theam for the tank.... How about "Candy Land" I am going to try and stock the tank with corals that have candy names ie candy cane, bubble gum, i dont know. This is a last min. thing!

THE TANK

10g Perfecto from a pet supplies store

THE LIGHTING

15W flourescent until I get the light. This is the only thing holding me back as I have to find one in a hurry.

POWERHEADS AND HANG ON BACK FILTERS

I have an AC50 that I am using and going to get a MJ600 for additional flow

HEATER

Finnex 50W Titanium Ultra Compact Electronic Heater.

LIVE ROCK / LIVE SAND

I am going to use mostly the live rock that I had in my 5.5gal as its a great way to save money! The live sand I am going to use is Tropic Eden Miniflakes (aragonite crumbs, medium grain size). I have never used this sand and is new to my LFS so I thought I would give it a try.

STOCKING

CANDY LAND!!!!!!!! I will update this later!

DOSING

Oceans Blend Gallon Set - 2 part system. I have seen some good reviews of this product. I have never dosed a tank before but thought I would try.

Well I have never done a contest and not sure if I should even attampt this one but what the heck. I have kept SW reefs for as long as I have been a member of this site haha. I am still very new but have high hopes!!

Best of luck to everyone!

ENTRY PHOTO

P1010002.jpg

My tank has 56 herbs and spices!!!

OCTOBER

NOVEMBER

DECEMBER

JANUARY

FEBRUARY

MARCH

FINAL PHOTO

luscien: Thanks for the comment!

I am going to get some of my stuff for the tank today from www.premiumaquatics.com Wahoooooo I live about 15mins away from them and yes I am lucky!!!

What I am getting:

1x 50W Finnex Titanium heater They are on clearence so if you need a heater from 50W to 200W get one!

5lbs of rock rubble

12lbs of the Tropic Eden Miniflakes

The Oceans Blend 2 part system

Some more snails

1x JBJ dual output power head

And who knows what else when I get there.

I will be taking the pic today of the tank! Now just to decide on my fav drink. That is going to be a hard one.

yager, crap! i lived with a guy, and he would drink that crap all weekend. i never saw him with out it in his hand litteraly from 5pm friday, to 8am monday morning. and he never got drunk! i guess he drank himself sober??

Sorry guys I just DQ'd myself. I have a 200gph filter and a 240gph ph....... I am good with calc based physics but I can't add!

I also cant find anyone to trade me lights.

I am still going to stick along and watch.

On the plus side I can still pretend that I am in the contest so the GF wont get as mad with me buying stuff for the tank! so shhhhhhhhhh!!!

Good Luck Everyone

I am liking the flow and I have already put it in water.

I have also been spending way too much money with christmas time and the gf birthday coming up soon!

• 2 weeks later...
I am liking the flow and I have already put it in water.

I have also been spending way too much money with christmas time and the gf birthday coming up soon!

Buy her a powerhead! :o:lol:

Archived