Top Shelf Aquatics

lighting changes on my 7gal minibow

reefriot

well i did some changes to my tank. after fragging some stuff for a local club trade it left my tank in a bit of confusion. every time i turned around something was falling on something else and getting stung. so i got a bit more rock and pulled out everything on the right side and replaced the corals in some differant areas. next i did the left side somewhat and i think it looks alot better. nice thing about the housekeeping is that the zoo's get spread around a bit so will start to intergrow with eachother. my next step was to install a 150w 20k HQI over the tank. i have the bulb in a PFO mini pendant and its about 6-7" above the tank. no heat problems and although the light looks dimmer sorta then my 3x32w pc. its a cleaner light and the coloration of the corals is alot better i think. here are a few pics10b.jpg10c.jpg10e.jpg111.jpg110.jpg10f.jpg

ah hell i don't know why they come out the same size as the thumb nails. i have tried clicking on the thumbnails and opening the pic then copying the URL but it just leaves a bunch of jarbeled crap on the screen. anyone have any ideas whats wrong? or could it just be MSN?

Haha, are those Xenias hanging from an HOB? Thats pretty cool. I just tried to frag a Xenia for my new 5.5g tank from my 40 g tank and it has wiggled its way around the tank and now I cant find it. Im sure it will pop up somewhere I dont want it. Did you place those Xenias there on purpose?

no the xenia is kinda a plague in my book, but since it walked up the glass from the bottom and stays up there i don't mind it. its starting to split alot and shade my Caps under it so it might be time to pull out the scraper and thin it out a bit.

• 6 months later...

Archived