Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Moonlights for Picos?

travisurfer

What have you guys been using for moonlights on your pico tanks. I need to find some for my 2.5g I just setup. I want something blue that causes the corals to flouresce. :rolleyes: Are there any good led's from eBay or something else cheap. I would like to do this for under $15 if possible. TIA.

I am using these from eBay $11, on my 1.6 and my 10g

Linky

let me know if that link works for you guys, I highly reccomend the seller, the LEDs arrived fast and they work great. This particular item didn't come with a power supply so you need your own but he does sell them with a PSU if needed.

here is my 1.6 with them and I can definately tell you that they make your corals flouresce (sp?) my 10g looks amazing at night.

pico%20013.jpg

<--My new avy came out of my tank under the new LEDs, hopefully I can get a better pic and redo it again.

ive heard these are good.

LINK

Theyre in Hong Kong. These too dont come with a power supply. but theyre cheap and water proof. i might get some of these for my 2.5g later when i get some more money.

i am going to go with the ones you suggested phat. they look perfect. now i just have to decide between mounting the lights in the shelf above the tank or to make a hood. ;)

fts2-2.jpg

you can see the edge of the shelf in this pic. right now the lighting is temporary.

I used a Coralife 1 watt LED moonlight that I got for 12.00?

It made my anemone and coral flouresce quite nicely.

but then again, i'm a coralife fanatic.

btw, i forgot to add that this tank is no where near being done. i will post pics here every now and then to update you on its progress but most of the pics will be shown in my member's tank thread. i am thinking about doing a zoa garden or maybe some specific biotope.

Archived