ReefCleaners.org

Lettuce slug mini me's

Billa

All the eggs that my lettuce slug laid have hatched and ive got about 20 minature lettuce slugs most of which are on one poor snails shell. Should i transfer them into a seperate container and move some bryopsis into the container or just leave them where they are, id like to atleast raise a few to adult hood.

All the eggs that my lettuce slug laid have hatched and ive got about 20 minature lettuce slugs most of which are on one poor snails shell. Should i transfer them into a seperate container and move some bryopsis into the container or just leave them where they are, id like to atleast raise a few to adult hood.

Congratulations!

mahi mahi boy

How long did it take to hatch them? What other creatures are in the tank? You might need a small hang in tank fuge incase they crawl into a powerhead.

you could get a small specimen container, drill a whole bunch of really small holes on it, and set it next to a area with decent flow and light inside the tank, also add some bryopsis and some LR rubble.

sounds like they could be too small to drill hols in the container..... maybe try poking the container with an push pin in a lot of places. If you wanna raise them, id try sectioning few off as others have suggested, then let th rest fend for themselves. And if you need a place for them to go, let me know! ;)

sounds like they could be too small to drill hols in the container..... maybe try poking the container with an push pin in a lot of places. If you wanna raise them, id try sectioning few off as others have suggested, then let th rest fend for themselves. And if you need a place for them to go, let me know! ;)

ok i got a container to put them in, put some algae infested rock into it and made sure they cant get out, ive picked out 18 so far, pics to come later on tonight.

Yeah, this sounds pretty cool.

I was already planning on getting a nudibranch of some sort anyways ;D

Promise pics to come, i had a set back, Somehow a emerald crab stowed away on the piece of rock i put in the seperation chamber (typical) took me a good few minutes to remove it, and with it a few slugs got swished off into the water column, managed to collect a lot of them and move them back into the chamber. Also a lot of the slugs had made their way out of the bottom of the breathing holes so I removed the bottom plastic container that was supposed to act as a barrier fixed the seperation chamber against the bottem of the aquarium instead.

I also noticed a smaller individual slugs on the glass, individuals that have obviously hatched at a later date. Im planning on collecting some more and moving them into the container tommorow afternoon. This really took me by surpise to be perfectly honest. Not because I didn't think myself capable of raising any nudibranch, with work and such and maintanence of the tank it never really crossed my mind. I havnt opened up any filter yet so i really have no idea to the extent of the numbers. I would guess numbers at the moment to be about 16-18 properly developed ones at about 1/2cm to 3/4 , with about 8-9 individuals at about 3mm or less. Lets just say ive got my work cut out.

Billa

not to be off topic says your skimmer is a red sea prizim skimmer

how did you quite it down mine seems to be a bit noisy...

i ran it for like 3hrs got nothing(new tank though) but still was very noisy

Billa

not to be off topic says your skimmer is a red sea prizim skimmer

how did you quite it down mine seems to be a bit noisy...

i ran it for like 3hrs got nothing(new tank though) but still was very noisy

I run mine on full power during the day and feed plankton food during the night when i go to bed, also it helps if u fill up all the compartments with water, there is a compartment near the pump that can be filled up, but other than than, they are darn hard to get quiet.

sta40490largetc4.th.jpg

This was the only decent pic i could get from the camera, no macro or any pics with focus, its a really terrible camera, I hope people can get the idea of scale. I know there are only a few in this pic, there are about 30 others about the same size throughout the tank.

Hope you enjoy the pic.

sta40490largetc4.th.jpg

This was the only decent pic i could get from the camera, no macro or any pics with focus, its a really terrible camera, I hope people can get the idea of scale. I know there are only a few in this pic, there are about 30 others about the same size throughout the tank.

Hope you enjoy the pic.

A few??? I only see one .... 8-( AND a green bubble algae ... maybe you want to get that off your tank.

How much are you selling these cute little guys/gals??? 8-)

There are actually three on the rock if you look very closely. About the bubble algae, its really not a problem in my tank, it just grows from that one spot, and I find it very easy to remove.

I live in the uk, so not shipping to the us :o

Archived