Innovative Marine Aquariums

So What Do You Do When You Have To Cut In the Water?

SeeDemTails

I have an Encrusting Gorgonian that is getting close to a zoa colony, I want to cut it back before they collide......I know you are supposed to frag out of the water, but what if this isnt an option?

Can I cut it and peel it off the rock so I can isolate it a little better(it jumped 1 1/2" to this rock!)

If it isn't an option, it isn't an option.

I don't specifically about gorgonians, but if you can cut and peel, it sounds like a good plan.

I say leave them alone. They will work it out amongst themselves--unless you don't like it personally.

I have a couple zoa colonies that have an equal amount of gorg on the rock. It actually looks pretty good with the two different types of textures. There's no really big "chemical warfare" that will go on between the two. Just a little wilting of one or two polyps of each---maybe---maybe nothing.

Again--You may be doing it because you don't like the way it looks and that's cool. But don't do it because you think the corals will hurt.

Also they are both very tough. Use a blade if you want or you can snip it with hard coral cutters taking the rock with it in "bites".

Good luck!

Archived