Innovative Marine Aquariums

new alife...

deezreef

just started this alife about 4 days ago...  no need to cycle as i used water from my other tanks.  the tank includes corals from my others.  i just put in the green stars and the small deresa.  i other occupants are:

-2 porcelain crabs

-2 sexy shrimp(they really are sexy=))

-2 anenome shrimp (the clear ones)

-a red and pink striped brittlestar

-2 very small goniopora

-small piece of my propagated fox coral

-blastamussa

-frogspawn

-small green clown goby

-margarita and trochus snail

-hermits

alife7.jpg

second2n0ne
Quote: from My Alife 7 on 2:07 am on May 7, 2002[br]nice setup. it sorta looks like the one at aquatic warehouse..

Oh Shhhhnnnnaaaappp!  Yeah, it does!  Good one ALife - No offense Deezreef, your tank looks good and all, but it looks a lot like the display tank at a LFS in San Diego!  Any relationship to DeezNutz?!

SLOreefer

man you are good at aquascaping and everything. both your tanks are great. i wish just my 10 could look as good as either of your tanks. it will though in time.

printerdown01

Hey man no knocking people who are inspired by the tank at Aquatic Warehouse! LOL, I'm looking at setting one up, using the tank at Aquatic Warehouse as insperation (well more like a blue-print) :). Deezreef, couldn't help but notice that you have a baby dersa in the tank, but not listed on your inhabitants... -did you pull it from the tank? If so, was it due to lighting or parameters of the new tank? By the way I too am planning on adding an anenome shrimp and a sexy shrimp, LOL too funny.... Hope you don't mind me asking you a lot of questions in the future - you have a beautiful nano, that has been set up for 2 years (way more experiance with nanos than I) and are setting up almost the exact tank I'm looking at creating towards the end of summer... -Thanks

(Edited by printerdown01 at 10:01 pm on June 7, 2002)

i'm using the stock alife lighting for now, which is the 27 watt power compact.  i want to change the lighting out in the near future.  i have noticed the width of the alife is very restrictive in the lighting options you have to choose from.  the 32 watt smartlamp is too wide for it.  anyone know of any small cf's that will fit??  oh yeah, i was very much inspired by the tank at aquatic w.  i loved the variety of the the tank.  

(Edited by deezreef at 11:27 am on May 11, 2002)

deezreef, you might be able to use a csl sealights unit on your alife 7. its 36 watts, 27 watt 67k daylight and 9 watt actinic.

yeah i have the sealights over my refugium. i wanted something a little brighter.  i was hoping they made separate day/actinic setups i could use.

printerdown01

If anyone out there finds a way to up-grade the lighting let me know! -Thanks

**Also if you could keep me posted on the dersa being kept under the 27W... I hope it works out! Thanks for the details on your additives, by the way!

(Edited by printerdown01 at 8:52 pm on May 11, 2002)

My friend has an Alife with with the stock lighting on it and has kept a maxima in his tank.  He placed it as high as it could go in his tank.  It started to grow in a few weeks and was doing very well.  After a few months, he moved the maxima to a larger 29 gallon with 2 55watt PCs and an actinic.  He placed the maxima on the sandbed and it was eaten in a few days by his hermits.

• 2 weeks later...
printerdown01

Hey deezreef, any up-dates on the Alife? Wondering if you have had a noticible cycle yet, or if it was seriously minimized? How is everything doing in there?

printer...i haven't had the time to update the alife pics yet but soon to come.  i didn't really notice a cycle with the tank and everything seems to be doing fine now.  i have added a six line and a clown goby since the pic and a purple starfish.  i'll post pics soon.

• 2 weeks later...
printerdown01

Hey deezreef, how is the dersa? I assume that he is still doing well... Are you dosing with plankton at all (a qestion both for the clam and the porcelains? -Thanks! Oh, almost forgot, congrads on minimizing the cycle,:bounce: nice work!

Archived