inTank Media Baskets

12" cube

ElectricMaRbles

ElectricMaRbles

am going to be starting my new cube soon and was wondering what i might be able to keep in it, so i was wondering if someone could help me out with a stocking guide as i have no clue as to what will survive happily in such a cmall tank as this is my first pico.

was thinking about getting a mantis shrimp but they're quite hard to get hold of in the uk :(

will be updating with pics when i get the tank up and running.

watch this space

All depends on what equipment your using.

As far as fish, try to stick towards smaller, less mobile fish like gobies, as they don't need as much room thrive. 12" isn't a tiny tank but it really inst that long so fish that like to swim a bit more may not do as well.

Different types of cleaner shrimp are always fun to keep and you could keep 2-3 depending on the species.

Coral pretty much depends on your equipment and lighting but in general i would start off with softies and work your way up towards stonies although i would avoid sps in your tank until you get a better idea of how your tank handles parameter swings and matures some.

Good luck :)

You can order quad 36 watt 12" from coralife.

and also, 2.5 gallons, i'm assuming, is enough for a goby.

but i'm not big on the fish in nano scene.

i aksed my uncle if i can keep a fish in my 2.5g. most people on here will say no but he said any little fish like a goby would be good. Yellow watchmen, neon, he even said a Hi Fin goby would be good. Im still think if i should get a YWG, neon goby or stick to sexy shrimp like i always wanted to.

Galloping Goose

Electric Marbles. Here is my 12 inch cube. I also just recently got it up n' running. I have few zoos in there a shroom and fire shrimp. One of the pics is with a white paper background, that was before I put the black paper back ground so I could hide the plumbing of the filtration better. I plan on keeping mine mostly coral, but will have 2 citron gobys in there.

post-21695-1161049458_thumb.jpg

post-21695-1161049481_thumb.jpg

post-21695-1161049509_thumb.jpg

ElectricMaRbles

that plumbing looks a bit too ott for a 12" cobe imo, but i cant find a decent HOB

any ideas where i can pick up a cheap one within the uk without shipping it?

edit: just wondering for working out quantites (ie live rock) what scale should i be using for getting the rough amount, as in, imperial gallons, or US?

edit: just wondering for working out quantites (ie live rock) what scale should i be using for getting the rough amount, as in, imperial gallons, or US?

LR is measured in lbs and generally 1-2 lbs per gallon. US or imperial won't make much difference, add a few extra pieces if you have an imperial measurement tank

I would keep the big filter... the more coral you get in there you wont even notice the plumbing.

I like the look you had going with the white paper as a background. It matched your living room!

ElectricMaRbles
I would keep the big filter... the more coral you get in there you wont even notice the plumbing.

I like the look you had going with the white paper as a background. It matched your living room!

agree, it looks more themed with the white backing

Galloping Goose

I kinda agree that the white background looks better on my tank but untill I get more liverock and corral built up against the back wall and hide the black plumbing of my canister filter thatnI think I'll keep it black untill than. Thanx for the comments though.

Archived