inTank Media Baskets

12 gallon Eclipse

twflys

Well, I decided I didn't like one of my rocks so I replaced it........ and now I think it's just about perfect (in my mind at least). Just a waiting game until I break out some serious plastic for corals. Here are the specs if you are interested:

12 gallon Eclipse

18 lbs rock

8 lbs of arogonite

27 watt quad pc (daylight bulb)

13 watt bookworm (actinic 03) (which broke last night, so until the new one comes, i'm stuck with a 6500k bulb)

OEM filter with a plain cartridge

101 powerhead

heater (forget how many watts)

There is much more coral line algae on the rocks than the pictures show, and I've got a few critters; assorted feather dusters, medium serpent star, 5 blue hermits, and 5 turbo snails. Hopefully the pictures will turn out nicer when I reinstall the actinic bulb. Comments and suggestions welcomed and appreciated....... good or bad.

Looks good. Is the 27 watt quad a Lights of America light? I have that same bulb. And an actinic 03 in a bookworm :). I don't have them on my tank right now though. How did you attach the lights into the hood?

The 27 watt lights are Custom Sealife bulbs, I'm not sure about the lights of america thing. The quad is mounted as far to the front of the hood as possible. Which leaves just barely enough room for the bookworm. What I did, was i pulled one side of the reflector so that it stretched to the top of the hood (made it flat on one side). Then, moved the bookworm as close to the quad as I could. I then punched holes in the reflector and used tie wraps to hold the bookworm up. Doesn't sound very pretty, and it's a tight squeeze to get the hood on, but it works. Put the lights on timers........ and WA LA. Sounds a little worse than it looks. Got any pics of your tank?

Tom

I had a 32 watt PC and I jammed an 18 watt in there too at one point. I posted some pics awhile back, but I bet they are gone now. Maybe they're still around here someplace.

Archived