Coral Vue Hydros

15, 20, or 29

Mmorse

Initially I was set and content with starting a 15g long nano, but now I can get a 20g or a 29g for free. Any suggestion on what I should do ??? Should I just stick with the 15? If I do upgrade to one of the bigger tanks will the 2x55 cf lighting still be adequate. For softies and some LPS corals, or will I have to upgrade that too.

If it is free, go with the 20. The 29 might be too tall and large for just 2 55w PC's to light up well, unless it is just for softies & such. The 20 gallon with 2x55w is a good match...of course, if you were to keep the 15 as a main tank with your current lighting, and use the other tank as a sump/fuge I would go with the 29 gallon bacause in that case...bigger is better.

I have 2x55s on my 20. the lighting is more than adequate for LPS and softies. I have also seen some montipora do ok in this set up near the top of the water column.

Why choose which tank? do both!!

If they are free, take them. Even if you are not going to use them now, you will, these tanks are like tatoos, you can't stop with one, you will get the fever and use one for a fuge for the other and still be going out to buy more. Just take the free ones and I bet you will be using them before any dust settels on them.

Archived