Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Good Pico?

petkid51

I just bought a Tetra Water Wonders tank. I was'nt expecting much, but it actually looks preety good. Heres a link: http://www.tetra-fish.com/ENEWSROOM/prInst...?documentID=205.

I bought a CrownTail betta, and I was just going to do a small fresh pico but...I don't know, I am compelled to ask if it would be a good salt tank. The light is, unfortunatley, rather weak. The filter is'nt any thing to brag about either. I was thinking of a Mantis as the main tank inhabitant, with maybe one larger piece of Live rock so that the mantis can't screw around with the coral to much.

As for actual coral...I was thinking maybe Shrooms. Any suggestions for something along the lines of low light, low current? If I had to I could rig it up with a pump, but in such a small tank...well, thats if I have to.

Of course if it really would'nt work, a Mantis (in my mind) is enough of a show stopper that I don't really NEED coral. It would just be nice.

Thanks for bothering, I know I tend to babble.

D.J.

id probably only keep one hermit, one snail and maybe a frag of shrooms...

only a cruel indvidual would keep a fish in a tank that small....hed probably jump...

as for light i found a light made by rio that is 10 leds that would be perfect for a tank like that...i dont know the offical name of it or if its even on the market yet,

i saw it in a tropical fish mag...

good luck! oh yeah and take your time......you have lots of research to do, plus have to save lots of money...even a lil tank can be expensive...

Archived