SaltCritters.com

Special Group Sale 70W Elec. Metal Halide Retro Kit w/ U.V. glass Plug and Play.

LampDr.

I have been getting alot of requests for 70w kits. So I am doing a special sale. I am selling 10 kits at very low price. If you have been waiting to get a metal halide retro kit for your nano tank, now is the time. You will not find a better built retro-kit for this price anywere.

The main component of any metal halide fixture or kit is the ballast. Alot of companies are selling metal halide fixtures out there and are using cheap import magnetic ballasts on their fixtures.

I have been selling Aromat ballasts for a few years now. I have yet to have any complaints on any of them.

Also If you are new here and have any concerns on my feedback, look in the sponsor forums or just ask anyone about illuming.com's service.

I can also do a regent retro fit for $140.00 shipped...

I ALSO JUST RECEIVED THE 70W 14K ASTRALUX LAMP...

KIT INCLUDES:

70W New style Aromat ballast.

70W 10K D.E. Ushio lamp.

H.Q.I Socket.

Reflector with U.V. glass shield.

6ft. 14gauge Socket Cord.

6ft. Grounded Power Cord.

Price shipped $130.00

You can email me or paypal at illuming@aol.com

• 2 weeks later...

FYI: I'd be very tempted to go for this if I could get it with a 14000K bulb. Any plans to carry the Astralux 14000K 70w bulb any time soon?

yeah, i'm interested too but how much would it cost to get a 14k bulb instead of a 10k?

Your right Yosh. I told darnbrians that over AIM. and realized when I looked at their site/catalog that they dont exist.

Once again making me look like a donkey!!!

Chris

Yea just found them on another ^^sponsor's^^ site after complaining that they don't make them. LOLS So time to ask if I can get these fixtures without bulbs.

astralux does sell a 14K 70w MH bulb, but you have to order it from Japan, which is not cost effective for the average consumer. A vendor could by in bulk, though, and offer a decent price. (hint, hint)

• 4 weeks later...

Why is that metal clamp on :ermm: the pendent?!? Is that how the glass is held on ??? there? And why is it in the ??? center? That would block some :nerd: light. Atleast put one each end to save the ghetteo : cheap look.

Sorry, by no means trying to bust :woot: balls but I think if you are lighting your tank, you should not have anything in the way blocking that light.:o

the clamp fits on one end... I know it does not look the best, but I have not found out any other way to mount the glass. the clamp

has holes, plus its on the end.. It does not block much light...

• 2 weeks later...

Lamp Dr just a quick ? how is the light spread in that reflector compared to the other 70w reflector you sell if it helps it will be going in a 10gal thanks

Can you offer the same setup with a 20,000K DE bulb?

It would seem to me you could create a small metal clip on each end that hooks on the reflector (in the gap at the end of the bulb socket) and clips under the lip of the glass. One at each end would work best.

What is the warranty on this product?

ok, put in my order for the 14K set-up - thanks lampdr for offering this - pretty much all you can ask for - 14K lamp and *real* uv-inhibiting glass - all for a super cheap price ;)

No reason to sweat the small stuff - when you install a retrofit, you'll probably end up with someplace you can install the glass and not have to worry about the metal hose clamp -

Melev has the bomb idea - use a strip of 1/4" metal and make a triangle - you can hook it through the gaps in the reflector on the ends, and the bottom of the triangle would hold the glass - probably add another two pieces on the edges to keep the glass from sliding up and down. I'm thinking soldering iron :D DIY all the way baby!

I bought one of these kits and it works great. Just plug and play. Couldnt be any easier. The reflector is a bit high for a 12g nano cube hood though. I was able to find a low profile reflector and socket. If you get the 10k bulb make sure you have actinic supplementation. Looks amazing when complete!

jane of baden

Oh man .....

can i get one with a higher intensity bulb? and what temp does it burn at?

I'll pay ... $120 shipped. Tomorrow if you respond by then! I'll pay asap if you answer the ?'s too.

Archived