Cultivated Reef

Thank you...everyone

schaferfred

schaferfred

I just would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone for all the advice and helping me have a wonderful experience with my reef thus far. Anyway...if anyone is interested here is the following for my 10 gallon

ammo - 0

nitrite - 0

nitrate - 0

ph - 8.2

9 blue legged hermits

5 astrea snails

1 - approx. 4 in round red brittle star

1 - Peppermint Shrimp

I use the catalina ocean water and do a 1 gallon water change a week.

2 - mini jet 606 set up on a wave timer and an AC150 with chemipure

Don't have time to post the newest pics right now but will by tomorrow.

But like I said, I just wanted to thank everyone for all the advice and making this a very pleasant experience so far.

:P

schaferfred

Coralline growth also has been rampant. I was worried about it encrusting the rock and reducing it's filtering but was assured by some I was worrying over nothing.

Pic #1

schaferfred
Originally posted by AReeferIsExpensive

looks great...time for some stocking!

That's what I plan to do.....only I am waiting till after my honeymoon, which is at the end of this month, that way if something goes wrong while I am gone I won't lose as much.

schaferfred
Originally posted by doppler

Your aquascaping is excellent:woot:

Thank you very much, I am my own worst critic. I think I could have done better but everyone who has seen it likes it so that's the way it will stay.

schaferfred
Originally posted by Dolfan0925

I could definitely be paranoid cuz I just got past it, but the new coraline growth looks alot like cyano.

That's what I first thought as well.... but wouldn't cyano come off easily? I tried scraping it with my fingernail and nothing came off...it's really "hard". Now come on are you just trying to freak me out dolfan?????

schaferfred

Okay.....just found a picture of the coralline that I have. Here it is Dolfan. Its called maroon coralline.

Hey, just makin sure, I twiddled my thumbs when I got it and waited too long and it was everywhere and I wanted to kill myself. But if it's hard then it's not:)

schaferfred

No.....I appreciate it Dolfan....people here keep me on my toes when it comes to my tank. This hobby definitely is one that I am continuously learning something new everyday.:P

EtOH_is_good

i love my scarlet red coralline algae. the problem is that it grows very slowly. also seems to prefer less light than the other coralline algae.

schaferfred

I've got 80 watts over my 10 gallon. It's a beautiful coralline, really sticks out when looking at the tank.

Derby Reefer

Wow it is tanks like that that inspire me to creat a beautiful 10 gal tank. Since I am about to start a 10 gal nano, I am curious about you light set up. I want to get something that will look great, provide enough light and not cost more $50-$60. If you got anything liek that hit me up. But BEAUTIFUL tank

schaferfred

Thank you so much HumblePie...I sure will.

jaschi01

I have the Custom Sea Life power compact setup 2 x 40 watt (1 is a 40 watt 10000k daylight and the other is a 40 watt acitinic) it also has the moonlight. Custom Sea Life went out of business and now Current USA makes the same lights it is called the Orbit. I got mine on e-bay for like $85.00. E-bay would be a great place to start looking for your lights. If you would like I can post a pic of what it looks like.

Again, thank you for the compliments

schaferfred

I purposefully started it when I did so I would not be tempted to start stocking. I am leaving on June 27th for my honeymoon and there was no way I was going to put anything in it that might die and pollute the whole tank while I am gone. I've read too many horror stories on here about people leaving and coming back to a mess...didn't want that to happen to me. LOL

Archived