Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Beware of direct purchases through JBJ

MVS

…either JBJnanocubes.com and or orders@aquatic-store.com; anything with JBJ basically.

I recently purchased an IceProbe directly from JBJ and experienced several issues with this unit. As a result I requested, on several occasions, to setup a return. I have yet to receive a response via their email/web support or contacting them directly. When I call I get a message and when I email, no response.

However, this was NOT the case when I contacted them, on a Sunday, to inquire about purchasing the unit. In this scenario they responded within the hour! But of course when you have an issue with their products that warrent thier attention, after the fact that they received your money, it’s a whole other issue.

I just felt the need to express my situation to caution any individual that may be contemplating a purchase directly through their online sources.

They apparently practice the old school methods for doing business- Buyer Beware!

djchristone

by any chance...when you say orders@aquatic-store.com you don't mean the ebay store do you?

because if you do, i have a bone to pick with them...they sold me a 2005 nano -_- guess what's happening right now?

…either JBJnanocubes.com and or orders@aquatic-store.com; anything with JBJ basically.

I recently purchased an IceProbe directly from JBJ and experienced several issues with this unit....

JBJnanocubes and orders@aquatic-store are NOT JBJ Lighting Company. These two websites are resellers of JBJ products. Please do not bash a company for something they do not control. Please feel free to bash www.JBJnanocubes.com !

Christopher

DJ: I personally did not order the product through an ebay dealer however, that is the same web address so it wouldn’t surprise me if they sell some of their products through ebay.

CB: That may be correct however they certainly share similar trades of doing business. I had the same exact problem with jbjlighting when I purchased my nano-cube and started to experience all the similar problems that they are notorious for. It amazes me how a company can get away with selling products that by many standards are considered to be defective or falsely advertised.

MrF: What’s new

I was thinking of posting in the vendor section however, I felt as though this section may appeal to users that are new to this site. I also believe it simply applies to a broader range of users.

Ras: I’m actually not a member at that site but I appreciate the suggestion

Read the bottom of the page on www.JBJnanocubes.com:

We are a reseller of all JBJ Aquarium productsaquarium products and not the manufacturer.

And aquatic-store.com appears to sell much more than jbj stuff.

I would never buy from either of these stores. Stick w/ premium aquatics and marinedepot and you won't get burned.

premium aquatics is a great place! I went by there last Friday because I live close and can save on shipping. I was asking about some of the shipping costs because sometimes I get lazy and one of the workers said that if I ever wanted something he could bring it home and I could go to his house and pick it up! I have never met this guy before.

Great place!!!

I can’t believe that they still have yet to get back to me. Does anyone have any idea who is the appropriate party to contact in such a situation? I mean they have to be breaking some kind of consumer right law.

why don't you try asking them about info on a certain product from a different e-mail or calling them about info on a product as if you were a new customer, then tell them once you get ahold of them on the phone what you really want. Just an idea

I've contacted JBJ many times to tell them/give them a heads up that this outfit is out there, and many people are mislead to believe they are purchasing direct from JBJ.

I hope this issue gets resolved.

Good Luck

Chris

Thank you Chris and to everyone else as well who left their suggestions and support.

I’m thinking of contacting the better business to bureau file a claim. I think their operation is a complete scam that needs to be uncovered. I still can’t believe that when I inquired about the item in regards to a possible purchase, they had absolutely no problem keeping in contact with me and responding to my various questions; on a SUNDAY bear in mind! If I try contacting them on the phone, like I mentioned above, I receive a message every time.

They might be under the impression that they have their bases covered. On the bottom of the receipt that they send out after the purchase, they stipulate that all returns are subject to a 20 - 40% restocking fee. They also have other rules and regulations once an item is open. What’s important to bear in mind is that state laws vary and consumers do have a right despite what some fine print might state in a receipt.

I’m definitely going to look into this one.

I will post this thread in other sites as well but felt the need to express my personal experience with other members on this one. I’m sure that others would do the same.

• 4 years later...

Hi, was just wondering if you have ever resolved this issue with jbjnanocubes.com or "aquatic-store". I'm going problems with them myself.

Thank you Chris and to everyone else as well who left their suggestions and support.

I’m thinking of contacting the better business to bureau file a claim. I think their operation is a complete scam that needs to be uncovered. I still can’t believe that when I inquired about the item in regards to a possible purchase, they had absolutely no problem keeping in contact with me and responding to my various questions; on a SUNDAY bear in mind! If I try contacting them on the phone, like I mentioned above, I receive a message every time.

They might be under the impression that they have their bases covered. On the bottom of the receipt that they send out after the purchase, they stipulate that all returns are subject to a 20 - 40% restocking fee. They also have other rules and regulations once an item is open. What’s important to bear in mind is that state laws vary and consumers do have a right despite what some fine print might state in a receipt.

I’m definitely going to look into this one.

I will post this thread in other sites as well but felt the need to express my personal experience with other members on this one. I’m sure that others would do the same.

• 5 months later...

Archived