Top Shelf Aquatics

www.jbjnanocubes.com = the worst

Drez

My first occasion dealing with www(dot)jbjnanocubes(dot)com was rather uneventful so when I tired to repeat my business with them I was amazed to discover how terrible the service I got was! What happened was I had the glass shield on my JBJ viper shatter, having purchased one of these units from www(dot)jbjnanocubes(dot)com directly and finding the part listed, I when adhead and purchased the part...here is a "short" summary of what happened:

August 26/10

Order placed online for replacement glass for Viper light (originally purchased from www(dot)jbjnanocubes(dot)com)

September 13/10

Almost 3 weeks later there has been no contact other than a confirmation email directly after checkout. As such I contacted for more information on order but no answer is received

September 20/10

Almost 4 weeks have passed now and still no response, credit card statement is received and it shows a refund though no response has taken place, as such another inquiry is made

September 20/10

Finally a response that the item can be special ordered if desired, even though this was not indicated in the checkout, after the order was cancelled or after initial inquiry

September 20/10

The special order of the part is requested along with the request that if anything else is needed to contact me

October 12/10

3 weeks later and again there has been no response, as such another inquiry is made

October 13/10

Reply saying that the item is now in stock

October 13/10

Ask again to completed this order and ask if should proceed with checkout, no response is heard.

Oct 27/10

Proceed with checkout despite of lack of reply as I now at least know the part is "in stock" again

Nov 21/10

Request clarification on order, almost 4 weeks again have passed since most recent order with item no received and no further reply aside from the new automated confirmation email

Nov 29/10

Request clarification on order, almost 5 weeks have passed with item no received and no further reply

December 7/10

Item yet to arrive, inquire as to the order, no reply.

December 13/10

FINAL inquiry 16+ weeks have passed since initial contact, 6+ weeks since last contact

December 15/10

No further reply is heard but check into credit card and a refund dated Dec 14/10 shown

If following that you don't agree that this is perhaps some of the weakest communication, let alone downright embarrassing business practices you have ever seen then you are welcome to test your luck. As I said my original order of the light was ok but after this ordeal spanning 4 months I certainly won't be trying my luck in the future. If my LFS would have had access to the part I assure you I would have ttolerated less, as it turns out one of the NR sponsors (Premium Aquatics) helped me resolve this issue in a short and trouble free manner and the kicker, they were cheaper on top of it all. The only positive I can about www(dot)jbjnanocubes(dot)com is that I at least finally after months without the part got my money back even if it was without answer, explanation or apology. Too bad me and my tank had to suffer in the meanwhile.

when i needed something i contacted the manufacturer in so cal and i had a replacement 28 in three days for 80 bux. I used there original site for monthes with no response. made a phone call and got there manufacturer number and they were swift to help me now i got a rimless28 that i have extra. Funny part for 80 bucks i got everything including pumps, only thing missing was the hood and skimmer.

• 2 weeks later...
www(dot)youshouldhavegaveupthefirsttime(dot)com

www.(dot)nodoubt(com)com

Problem was I was having a hard time finding the silly part. Lesson learned all the same...

Archived