Innovative Marine Aquariums

An addicted Reefer Chic's 3g pico

MeanGreenEyes

MeanGreenEyes

Had this tank sitting around begging to be refilled when I accidentally stumbled upon the contest thread. o.O Thanks a lot N.R. :naughtydance: This makes reef #4 (2 5.5g's, 40 breeder build in progress and this 3g.)

Anyways...back to business...

Equipment:

TOM Aquarium Deco Kit - 3gal Aquarium Kit -

Marina slim15 h.o.b. filter at the moment...prob gonna do the a/c 70 mod

Lighting at the moment is stock will be doing GU10's over this (love them on my 5.5g...sps thriving)

Tank is already filled with rock, sand and water...currently cycling...no cuc yet...besides two little HH snails Anyway...just wanted to get this thread started to enter contest...

IMAG0614.jpg

IMAG0615.jpg

gimptastic matt

What gu10 are you using?

Im currently trying to strip mine to make s custom light

got 2 3w cool white and 2 3w royal blue

all the best with tje contest : )

MeanGreenEyes

Got my GU10 sockets yesterday and modified my old Coralife Mini Aqualight that burned out after 3 months of use last night...bought it brand new and it p*ssed me off that I wasted money on a dead fixture...so it was begging for GU10'S...now I'll get my money's worth... :naughtydance::owned: ...attached all 10 sockets...

Here's the fixture original fixture...in case anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about...will post pics of the modded fixture tonight...

CORALIFE.jpg

MeanGreenEyes

At work right now...so I'm unable to post pics until late tonight/early tomorrow morning...don't get off til late tonight...sorry...I will say that I'm very pleased and all ten sockets/bulbs fit perfectly snug...obviously could have used fewer bulbs but I always go a little over the top on lighting...it's paid off in my 2 5.5g mixed reefs...besides...I can always leave a few bulbs out but have the option to add them back should I upgrade to a larger pico after the contest is over... B)

By the way...I must add that it's quite comical to watch the expressions that come across my boyfriend's face when he see's me building, wiring, plumbing and setting up a tank...it's always that "where the h*ll did this chick learn all this face" bahahahahahaha as I wear my evil chic power face...yeah...

• 1 month later...
MeanGreenEyes

Dropped out of the contest...somehow managed to hurt my back and the hobby has taken a backseat for a while unfortunately. :( Tank is still up and running...changed it back to stock equipment and put it in my daughter's room for her. So it'll be a simple colorful softy tank. Will update pics when I get her some more frags.

• 5 months later...
MeanGreenEyes
Sorry to hear of the bad back. be sure not to use any nano cleaning magnets on this brand pico, it scratches very easily.

Never even got a notification about this reply...I hated how easy this tank scratched!

Any updates? Would love a shot of that modified fixture.

This tank was broken down and consolidated into my old 5.5g that I de-rimmed...it's my 11 year old daughter's softy/mini-maxi/sexy shrimp tank now...never even did the light thing but it does have the GU10's over it...very basic setup...serves it's purpose for her...

Clarinet_Reefer

Ah ok. I was able to mod one of those Mini t5 fixtures to fit four bulbs into it. It's pretty bright now. Now I need to start a tank so I can use it lol!

Archived