Full Tank Shot 11/12/2011 @ aprox 5:00 pm

PicoFTS.jpg

Full Tank Shot 11/21/2011 @ 6:00 pm

FTSPico.jpg

All Stock Equipment in use except the filter tube extension

+1.5 inch CaribSea Hawaiian Black aragalive sandbed

+ 2-3 lbs of cured Manado/Bali Alor Live Rock

+ RODI + Kent Marine Salt mixed to 1.026

+used preset tetra heater(smallest model for maybe 5 gallons) I do plan on changing this soon

My plan is to figure out a way to add some LED's to the system...maybe some whites for daytime and at least get some blues for evening.

No livestock plans yet, I will just let this bad boy sit for awhile now. No testing, just topoffs for a bit then i'll start water changes.

Looks great! What kind of rock do you plan on getting from PA? Paul says the manado is the best LR he has seen in 10 yrs. I really like the pieces he sent me!

Looks great! What kind of rock do you plan on getting from PA? Paul says the manado is the best LR he has seen in 10 yrs. I really like the pieces he sent me!

Thanks Guys!

I just placed an order for 10lbs of Manado, and 10lbs of bali alor + other various goodies because I cant ship just rock :P Should be able to make a nice mini scape from those pieces and if not i have some leftover shelf and pukani in my sump to toy with.

I'll update pics when my rock arrives, likely wednesday.

Congrats! I can't wait to see your rock.

At my place, I'm just staring at a box of water with a broken shell in it...

Today is rock day! I'll post photos this evening after work when I get to open the packages and actually start the tank :D

everyone loves a package that rocks

soo fedex says my package is waiting in the garage! less than 20 minutes till i get to head home....i cant believe how exciting getting live rock is! The mystery of what the rock could contain makes it even more exciting than receiving a normal fish/invert order

And so it begins!!

IMG_20111102_200237.jpg

IMG_20111102_200251.jpg

IMG_20111102_200305.jpg

I got 10lbs of Manado and 10lbs of Bali Alor but I cant frankly tell the difference! maybe i got two packages of manado.....either way i am very happy, lots of live rock, lots of corraline and even a hitchhiker crab! I love the shape of the rock too....im very tempted to redo my 5 gallon ecopico at work this weekend with some of the new liverock. Maybe you guys can tell the difference with the pics....yeah they arent that great as they are from my cell phone. Sorry too lazy to get the dslr last night.

IMG_20111102_201808.jpg

IMG_20111102_201305.jpg

IMG_20111102_201746.jpg

IMG_20111102_201247.jpg

Hitchhiker crab....very lively, no black claws, went into my 120 gallon's sump

IMG_20111102_201021.jpg

IMG_20111102_201001.jpg

IMG_20111102_200952.jpg

And the beast!

IMG_20111102_195103.jpg

IMG_20111102_195129.jpg

IMG_20111102_200059.jpg

Cloudy scape shots

IMG_20111102_205110.jpg

IMG_20111102_205010.jpg

and a fresh FTS this morning

IMG_20111103_070936.jpg

I think im pretty happy with how it looks. I did have a different scape at first, but i couldnt get the rock to sit low enough to fit the lid on so i changed it up a bit. Who knows as the weeks go on, I may change it again.

And so it begins!!

IMG_20111102_200237.jpg

IMG_20111102_200251.jpg

IMG_20111102_200305.jpg

I got 10lbs of Manado and 10lbs of Bali Alor but I cant frankly tell the difference! maybe i got two packages of manado.....either way i am very happy, lots of live rock, lots of corraline and even a hitchhiker crab! I love the shape of the rock too....im very tempted to redo my 5 gallon ecopico at work this weekend with some of the new liverock. Maybe you guys can tell the difference with the pics....yeah they arent that great as they are from my cell phone. Sorry too lazy to get the dslr last night.

IMG_20111102_201808.jpg

IMG_20111102_201305.jpg

IMG_20111102_201746.jpg

IMG_20111102_201247.jpg

Hitchhiker crab....very lively, no black claws, went into my 120 gallon's sump

IMG_20111102_201021.jpg

IMG_20111102_201001.jpg

IMG_20111102_200952.jpg

And the beast!

IMG_20111102_195103.jpg

IMG_20111102_195129.jpg

IMG_20111102_200059.jpg

Cloudy scape shots

IMG_20111102_205110.jpg

IMG_20111102_205010.jpg

and a fresh FTS this morning

IMG_20111103_070936.jpg

I think im pretty happy with how it looks. I did have a different scape at first, but i couldnt get the rock to sit low enough to fit the lid on so i changed it up a bit. Who knows as the weeks go on, I may change it again.

Looks sweeeeeet. I like that black sand and your scape is awesome. Was thinking about that color sand in my second pico entry but decided to go with something else. Something that fits my theme of Cheap and Tacky but still sexy. LOL

TheUnfocusedOne

That's an asian shore crab.

They're Highly invasive. Be really careful with it. I honestly would say kill it just to be sure. They're all over the east coast and are killing off the native crab species. Look here to make sure I'm right on the ident.

:flower:

Thanks for the flowers Kat!

That's an asian shore crab.

They're Highly invasive. Be really careful with it. I honestly would say kill it just to be sure. They're all over the east coast and are killing off the native crab species. Look here to make sure I'm right on the ident.

Thanks for that Unfocused.....looks to be at least very close...mine seemed to be quite a bit more translucent but maybe he was just young/molted. At least he is in my sump now where he cant do any damage to anything except maybe some stomatellas. I will do a little more reading on him before i go on a sump murdering spree. Maybe i'll dedicate my pico to him!

Looks like a great start. Nice job with the aquascape!

Thanks Streetsong!

I found my first HH on the few pieces of LR that I used to create the mini scape...

stoma1.jpg

Stomatella!

I'll try to get my dslr out tonight to get a nice FTS/FES.

Congrats! I can't wait to see your rock.

At my place, I'm just staring at a box of water with a broken shell in it...

haha, that's exactly where I'm at, except 2 broken shells....lots of room for growth! :P

Did you mush that bastard crab yet?

no, i havent killed the bastard yet ;) . He is still in the sump of my 120 gallon. I've seen him a couple times since I threw him in there and he seems fine. I have nothing in my sump except live rock so he really cant harm anything, and if he goes over the baffles then he will automatically meet his doom with my return pump. :o

I'm sure its a problem species on the east coast, but i'm positive that they wouldnt have a chance up here in the cold alaskan waters. B)

no, i havent killed the bastard yet ;) . He is still in the sump of my 120 gallon. I've seen him a couple times since I threw him in there and he seems fine. I have nothing in my sump except live rock so he really cant harm anything, and if he goes over the baffles then he will automatically meet his doom with my return pump. :o

I'm sure its a problem species on the east coast, but i'm positive that they wouldnt have a chance up here in the cold alaskan waters. B)

Ok, heres an update......things are progressing well, I actually just did my first topoff on Friday. Evap rate seems wonderful with the top on. I've got a pretty large diatom bloom. There are at least 3 types of macro algae that i see sprouting. I'll be looking for an ID on the one pictured below. Stomatella seems to be doing fine, havent seen him in the last couple days but there are alot of nooks and crannies.

Still no solid plans for livestock yet...maybe a single rockflower anemone and then SS to host? im not sure if this stock light would even support a RF anemone.

Yes there are scratches as well. These are on the outside and appeared as soon as i ran the TLF nano mag across the tank for its first cleaning. I've now sinced began placing a piece of soft cloth on the outside of the nano mag before cleaning the tank. We are all going to succomb to scratches since its a cheap acrylic tank....what does everyone plan on doing for corraline algae? I'm sure we cant take razorblades to these tanks....

Macro Algae ID....mermaids fan? maybe its halimeda... I know its blurry, took it upside down

rearmacro.jpg

Egg ID...pretty sure Stomatella since thats all i have seen in this little tank...but all ive seen them do in the past was spray eggs/gametes into a tank.

whatami.jpg

and my new fish that I just added!

PBT3.jpg

thats a joke :) hes actually in my 120 gallon. So thanks for any comments!

So im gonna have to update pictures later today....the white so called egg patch has developed what almost look like feelers or mouths, I have no idea. The macro that came on the live rock has really taken off as well. Everytime I look at it though, i wish the contest would have gone with a glass tank -_-

So im gonna have to update pictures later today....the white so called egg patch has developed what almost look like feelers or mouths, I have no idea. The macro that came on the live rock has really taken off as well. Everytime I look at it though, i wish the contest would have gone with a glass tank -_-

Alienz imo

Need pics

Ok, so here are the long awaited....much anticipated.....alien eggs!

If yall need a crop and zoom, just say so

PicoWHAT.jpg

There is clearly a white mat behind what appears to have developed into polyps/mouths. I have not seen the mat spread, but when i first noticed the patch, there were bairly bumps let alone polyps

looking back at my first picture, the mat has definitly spread a bit

Archived